Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
however did that make you want to not watch it? or were you like how did that happen? lets watch and see it unfold..

knowing the result can be great... especially when it seems to not be going that way at the time and your like just how the hell did that happen..

No, once I know the result, that is it, no longer interested.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
however did that make you want to not watch it? or were you like how did that happen? lets watch and see it unfold..

knowing the result can be great... especially when it seems to not be going that way at the time and your like just how the hell did that happen..

Not really. The drama of sport draws us in as it is unscripted. All of your points are exponentially better when you don't know.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Couriers who leave parcels on the front door step
I get home to find a box propped up against the front door, soaking wet as it's been heaving down for hours and in full view so anyone passing, leafleting or any other delivery driver could walk off with it.
Peasants!!:mad:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I tried to do something similar with The Masters last year. Weather moving it to morning really scuppered my original plan.

Disabled all sports app notifications, social media, WhatsApp, stayed off here. Sorted.

BBC News send a breaking news notification when Tiger won. Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

What! Tiger won?
Thanks for the spoiler alert 😩

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Couriers who leave parcels on the front door step
I get home to find a box propped up against the front door, soaking wet as it's been heaving down for hours and in full view so anyone passing, leafleting or any other delivery driver could walk off with it.
Peasants!!:mad:
Fortunately I have started sending stuff to the in laws as they are invariably in or occasionally to HID at the school she works at. Had a similar situation where stuff simply left in plain view.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nobs who join a motorway and have to get to the outside lane within the first 50 yards at whatever speed they think fit.

My journey home from the caravan along the A2 yesterday was littered with idiot drivers. At least 10 doing 100+mph, countless weaving across the lanes undertaking, and topped off by a guy speeding down the m25 slip only to cut back into the outside lane of the A2 while doing at least 80

Wolf

Visit site
My journey home from the caravan along the A2 yesterday was littered with idiot drivers. At least 10 doing 100+mph, countless weaving across the lanes undertaking, and topped off by a guy speeding down the m25 slip only to cut back into the outside lane of the A2 while doing at least 80
I do not miss driving up and down the A2 to work every day.. The amount of morons that frequent that road and cause accidents beggars belief

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fork Lift Refresher training. It is an absolute scam. One of my staff needs to do it, I probably need to although as the owner of the company it is less relevant, insurance issues etc. I've been told it is a 7 hour course. 7 hours :eek:o_O. Cobblers, total cobblers. At most 30 minutes is enough, even that is largely a waste of time.

You can pass your car test at 17 and never need to be checked again. For a fork lift, every 3 years :mad:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fork Lift Refresher training. It is an absolute scam. One of my staff needs to do it, I probably need to although as the owner of the company it is less relevant, insurance issues etc. I've been told it is a 7 hour course. 7 hours :eek:o_O. Cobblers, total cobblers. At most 30 minutes is enough, even that is largely a waste of time.

You can pass your car test at 17 and never need to be checked again. For a fork lift, every 3 years :mad:

Is that for big fork lifts? DH uses a little one at work but I don't think he's ever done a refresher. Those courses are a scam.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that for big fork lifts? DH uses a little one at work but I don't think he's ever done a refresher. Those courses are a scam.
It is for all fork lifts. Ours is just a regular 3 wheeler electric.

It is a slightly hazy point, a bit like PAT testing. Strictly speaking it is not necessary. However if there was to be an accident involving someone in a fork lift who was outside of the 3 years, I think it is 3 yrs, then it can become iffy for insurance purposes. I haven't done one for a while as it is my firm, I am not going to sue myself and I am very careful when I use it. For my employee however if they do something stupid in it I could be sued if the system decides they were at fault and they had not done the refresher. The boss / owner would be in trouble rather than the worker.

Considering a fork lift is a doddle to drive, we don't do high lifting and only use it a few time a week it is crazy. Do I need 7 -8 hours to confirm that I can do what I have been doing for the last umpteen years? An instructor could see within 15 minutes if I am capable or not. If I am, stamp the form, see me off. If not, then give me an hours tuition. I don't know if you have ever driven one but if you can't be proficient within 30 minutes then you should not be driving one. Once you have driven one for a while you know what is safe and what is not, particularly if you are not doing high lifting. (I should add, I am full of admiration for people in big warehouses who are plucking items 10m+ up, that is a different beast.) Rant over.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

It is a slightly hazy point, a bit like PAT testing. Strictly speaking it is not necessary. However if there was to be an accident involving someone in a fork lift who was outside of the 3 years, I think it is 3 yrs, then it can become iffy for insurance purposes. I haven't done one for a while as it is my firm, I am not going to sue myself and I am very careful when I use it. For my employee however if they do something stupid in it I could be sued if the system decides they were at fault and they had not done the refresher. The boss / owner would be in trouble rather than the worker.

Considering a fork lift is a doddle to drive, we don't do high lifting and only use it a few time a week it is crazy. Do I need 7 -8 hours to confirm that I can do what I have been doing for the last umpteen years? An instructor could see within 15 minutes if I am capable or not. If I am, stamp the form, see me off. If not, then give me an hours tuition. I don't know if you have ever driven one but if you can't be proficient within 30 minutes then you should not be driving one. Once you have driven one for a while you know what is safe and what is not, particularly if you are not doing high lifting. (I should add, I am full of admiration for people in big warehouses who are plucking items 10m+ up, that is a different beast.) Rant over.
I remember when I took a forklift test 20 odd years ago it was 30 minutes training, 20 minute test....even that felt too long.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

That will be the same as DH has to drive sometimes. I will double check with him if he's done it. Sure his firm would try and wiggle out if anything did happen.

This shows how dangerous they can be

Wolf

Visit site
2 irritations today

1) O2 being a pain in the arse, my contract renewal was due 3 days ago but today I decided to pop into town to upgrade, to be told sorry Mr Wolf our systems says your not due for another 2years😠, there I am sat there with my paper copy that I got 2 years ago showing my Contract is actually expired and with the text msg and email them advising me 3 days ago my upgrade is now available due to my contract expiration... Needless to say hours of cocking about and they have issued a cancellation of contract because they're in the wrong buy still won't do the upgrade so I am going to another provider.

2) still waiting for the military to release my med docs for me to potentially change my career, its getting on for something like 8 or 9 weeks now with them now saying they've acknowledged on syten they received a request but don't know when they will do it 😠

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That will be the same as DH has to drive sometimes. I will double check with him if he's done it. Sure his firm would try and wiggle out if anything did happen.

This shows how dangerous they can be

Yes, that was messy! Thankfully we never stack pallets, don't have racking etc.

I would get him to raise the issue and get it put in writing if they wont carry out the refresher. The onus has been put onto them then. I will put my poor employee through it, protecting me and the company really, but I will do my best to dodge the bullet myself.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Our cat sitter has lost our house keys and alarm fob. So job for Monday, change the locks, and arrange for new alarm fobs. Probably only cost us a couple of hundred quid. We have matching locks, so its 3 5 levers, 3 yales, and jeez knows how many keys and fobs. Thanks.

She has now found our keys. They were handed in in Asda. Luckily I have not yet instigated any new locks. As a temporary measure, I put an old one on the front door I found in the garage. Time to put the original back.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last night I happened to remark to the wife that I think my heart rate is quite slow. She has a testing app for it on her phone she says, with a sensor you put your finger on to monitor it. She does it first to test it, 67 bpm. I give it a go... 46. 46! Have now spent the entire day today wondering if that means my heart is very good or very bad. :unsure::confused:

Wolf

Visit site
Last night I happened to remark to the wife that I think my heart rate is quite slow. She has a testing app for it on her phone she says, with a sensor you put your finger on to monitor it. She does it first to test it, 67 bpm. I give it a go... 46. 46! Have now spent the entire day today wondering if that means my heart is very good or very bad. :unsure::confused:
Normal resting heart rate is anywhere between 60-100, then obviously the fitter you get the better (lower) your resting heart rate becomes. So 46 is pretty good mate and shows that the football you play is obviously having a postive effect.

Whereas your max working heart rate should be 220 - your age, workout that calculation and you get a good idea of how hard to push yourself when exercising though heart rate is only 1 of the significant factors in fitness the other is Vo2 max and that's while lot more complex to calculate.

Often test mine as part of my work and as of last week my resting heart rate is 41.