Random Irritations

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
Walking in the City of London.

My commute is about 3 hours door to door each day (in total am and pm) and involves a commute on a non-air conditioned train but by far the most stressful part of my journey is the 12 minute walk from the train station to the office and vice versa.

Is the walking dead actually reality TV?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sellers on Ebay with a "best offer" and then set up an automatic rejection when I offered £2 under the Buy It Now!

If you don't want to take offers then don't say you will!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

My commute is about 3 hours door to door each day (in total am and pm) and involves a commute on a non-air conditioned train but by far the most stressful part of my journey is the 12 minute walk from the train station to the office and vice versa.

Back in the day when I used to commute into town... I found, in summer particularly, the walk to work after getting off a hot sweaty tube train was quite refreshing...

Though Soho is probably a lot more interesting to walk thru' than the City...

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sellers on Ebay with a "best offer" and then set up an automatic rejection when I offered £2 under the Buy It Now!

If you don't want to take offers then don't say you will!

eBay had a deal for sellers a week or so ago...
Very cheap selling rates but you had to allow Best Offers...
A lot of people would have gone for the deal - about a quid final value fee regardless of the amount - but put these auto reject limits quite close to the listed price.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
A lot of people would have gone for the deal - about a quid final value fee regardless of the amount - but put these auto reject limits quite close to the listed price.

Ah ha - still irritated though :)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

And, possibly explains why I've been getting do you wish to make a best offer for items I've left on watch for probably too long...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Editting posts. 9 times out of ten for me, it just gets deleted. No idea why. I start editting, and boom, it is gone.
I've had the same when using the forum on my phone. It's some glitch where it accidentally pressed the delete post button for you because it's next to another button, or something. I don't know if your tablet will have the same option, but on my phone if I click on 'request desktop version' then it changes to the same display that you get using the forum on a computer, and then everything seems to work as it should. It's just the mobile version of the forum which is rubbish. I always change it to desktop version now if I'm on my phone.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I think you're right. What scares me is the spatial awareness issues they have while walking at 4mph pale into insignificance when they're behind the wheel at 70+mph

D

Deleted member 15344

Brexit , Johnson , Davies and all the idiots and their stupid games that are putting people’s lives and futures at risk - hope they shrivel up and disappear

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brexit - all the members of the cabinet who ignore the will of the people and are doing their best to stop it happening at all. Good on Davis and Johnson for sticking to their guns and what people voted for.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Weather. I have washed all the dust off my car, and dried it to perfection. Now it looks like it might rain. It will be dirty, dusty rain, and I will be back where I started.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back in the day when I used to commute into town... I found, in summer particularly, the walk to work after getting off a hot sweaty tube train was quite refreshing...

Though Soho is probably a lot more interesting to walk thru' than the City...

I loved walking through London when I worked there. I use to seek out some back street routes. Amazing what you can see off the beaten track and how many interesting/historic sights there are a short step from the main routes

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Car park planners who plant a hedge next to the exit, so I can't see if it is clear to drive out of the carpark into the traffic.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Car park planners who plant a hedge next to the exit, so I can't see if it is clear to drive out of the carpark into the traffic.

Add to that - Jungles on roundabouts. Let's make it impossible to see if anything is coming so you take your life in your hands when trying to get onto it...