Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not being able to discuss the biggest news story of the day for an event happening on 4th July because we can't be trusted to behave like grown ups while discussing it.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not being able to discuss the biggest news story of the day for an event happening on 4th July because we can't be trusted to behave like grown ups while discussing it.
Well, a minority can’t, coupled with policing that doesn’t want to deal with offenders and rather just stifle possibly insightful debate.

But hey, we are where we are.

RichA

Visit site
Just been looking at the pointless and unimaginative bunfight on The Times online. I'm not sorry it's banned on here - plenty of other places to participate in it.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, a minority can’t, coupled with policing that doesn’t want to deal with offenders and rather just stifle possibly insightful debate.

But hey, we are where we are.

It's GM's forum so therefore it's their rules, which we have to stick to. I've probably crossed into that minority at times, as have many others, while there are some that permanently reside there, but I fully understand the reasons that such topics got banned as they are a constant source of work for the mods.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's GM's forum so therefore it's their rules, which we have to stick to. I've probably crossed into that minority at times, as have many others, while there are some that permanently reside there, but I fully understand the reasons that such topics got banned as they are a constant source of work for the mods.
Ne’er a more willing soul to accept that rules is rules than a golfer.

I get that it’s their forum and rules but them just being rules don’t make them sensible. We don’t get anywhere in life by blanket banning things over dealing with the root causes.

But therein lies the beauty of opinion.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ne’er a more willing soul to accept that rules is rules than a golfer.

I get that it’s their forum and rules but them just being rules don’t make them sensible. We don’t get anywhere in life by blanket banning things over dealing with the root causes.

But therein lies the beauty of opinion.
But when you see how some threads go here, it’s no surprise a subject matter that obviously could go south is not going to be allowed.
The ability to not bite is often missing and the need to have the last word is all too often prevalent.:)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But when you see how some threads go here, it’s no surprise a subject matter that obviously could go south is not going to be allowed.
The ability to not bite is often missing and the need to have the last word is all too often prevalent.:)
This party is great, no this party is great, no they are all rubbish.

No need for a thread now, I have just covered it all

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just been looking at the pointless and unimaginative bunfight on The Times online. I'm not sorry it's banned on here - plenty of other places to participate in it.

^^^^^ This. With bells on.

There is discussion behind the scenes regarding whether the rules will be relaxed for the next few weeks to allow it, but ultimately it is a decision for GM, not the moderators.

If the current rules are eased then you’ll all get to hear about it.

Springveldt

Visit site
Car insurance renewal time again. 2 years ago it was £320, last year £380 and the cheapest so far this year is £504. Nothing has changed except the car is now older and worth less. Complete rip off.
So all the comparison sites had my cheapest quote at £500 and my actual renewal just came in. Was £387 last year, renewal price is £370. So I think I’ll be staying with my current insurer. 😂

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
^^^^^ This. With bells on.

There is discussion behind the scenes regarding whether the rules will be relaxed for the next few weeks to allow it, but ultimately it is a decision for GM, not the moderators.

If the current rules are eased then you’ll all get to hear about it.
Aren't these next few weeks precisely the time when a politics ban is most needed?

Springveldt

Visit site
I knew someone who was banned for peeing in the swimming pool, though it was from the high diving board.lol
My wife’s cousin did something similar when he was about 4 years old. He said to his mum that he needed to pee and she said “just do it in the pool” so he climbed out, stood at the side, pulled his trunks down and let rip. 😂

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree, this is the thing. I agree that some people lack the basic debating skills and critical thinking skills to hold reasoned and civil debate. So deal WITH THEM.

Censoring debate is never the way forward IMO.

But I've argued this before and realise that I am flogging a dead horse. We live in a world where censorship and the suppression of debate is all too common.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
But just think of the fun you’ll have watching for posters disguising their political posts as something else, then telling you mods you’ve read it wrong.😂😂
"It doesn't reflect my beliefs" or "That was just poorly worded!"

Seems to work for celebs and in public enquiries...