Random Irritations

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Needed to do a trip into the hospital for 08:30 this morning. 1 hour, 10 minutes for 14.5 miles!
Was expecting a slow one so allowed plenty of time, and probably not helped by the monsoon season returning.
Probably randomly irritated for those who have to suffer this regularly!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The wife wants me to re- paint the tops of of our 2 keter storage boxes, AGAIN.
Last year I relented and painted them with Hammerite ( wild thyme ).
The wrong paint I think, now it's peeling off.
Any advice on what to use to repaint with a different make and slightly different shade.
Do I need to completely remove old paint. Or just rub it down and paint.
What is the material you are painting? From memory Hammerite is meant for painting metal

If it is galvanised you have to strip off all the old paint and then use the appropriate primer* (look at the peeling paint on lots of garage doors just overpainted)

*Not done it in many years but it used to be calcium plumbate.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is the material you are painting? From memory Hammerite is meant for painting metal

If it is galvanised you have to strip off all the old paint and then use the appropriate primer* (look at the peeling paint on lots of garage doors just overpainted)

Hammerite do a 'Special Metals Primer' (that is the actual name of the product) that we use for priming galvanised tubes.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

If it is anything like mine, they are plastic so no need to paint.