Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The arthritis kicked in and went to another level at 2:10am this morning. Now well and truly drugged up with pain meds & diazepam. Feels like I haven’t slept well for about 3 weeks now. A mug of coffee & bed methinks.
Best wishes Brian !
Arthritis isn't much fun 😖

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
This used to be a really good forum, interesting debates and useful information. The absolute state of it now.
I've been a long long time lurker and always enjoyed reading threads, spent many of evenings/mornings laughing at threads. Now it seems like theres small groups of people who like each others posts and just post anything to cause any anamosity they can. Heavy handed moderating has played a huge part and drove many away by the looks of it too.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wasps nests. What started out as a quick look at what we had this year quickly turned out to be a need for long sleeves and our Spanish nuclear spray.

4 nests dealt with, all around cricket ball size - my god, there’s still a turn of pace in me. The 5th one will have to wait for late evening/early dusk. It’s not far short of football size. A plan required. The last big one I dealt with required lots of spray and bagged straightaway. Spray on, bagged with the bag taped to the branch, then the branch sawn off. Wife will be helping from the kitchen door, ready to close it quickly if I run in.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasps nests. What started out as a quick look at what we had this year quickly turned out to be a need for long sleeves and our Spanish nuclear spray.

4 nests dealt with, all around cricket ball size - my god, there’s still a turn of pace in me. The 5th one will have to wait for late evening/early dusk. It’s not far short of football size. A plan required. The last big one I dealt with required lots of spray and bagged straightaway. Spray on, bagged with the bag taped to the branch, then the branch sawn off. Wife will be helping from the kitchen door, ready to close it quickly if I run in.
IMG_6485.gif
You know it’s the only way to be sure

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site

I hope youve still got that turn of foot over the 1st 3yards Hobbit?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Those in a position of authority who like to believe they are the always the solutionist when infact they are the instigator to such problems. Then the memos sent to all to prove there existence within the organisation.
Sums up my entire working life.

Thanks for reminding me how great it is to be retired. :giggle:

D

Deleted member 15344

This is a hard one and I hope I word it correctly

The town has been plagued by kids flying around on electric scooters and mopeds

All night long they are causing mayhem , harassing people , police have warned the parents about them etc and all over social media the parents have been defending their actions saying they aren’t causing any harm etc

Well yesterday morning at 01:30 two of them whilst flying around have crashed causing one of them to be killed and the other one in serious condition - both of them 14 ?!?

It’s just a waste of their lives and it was going to happen and many warned them - parents are all over social media now bemoaning electric scooters.

So to add to this

Tonight the parents asked for a memorial for the young lad that died

So what has just happened is a bunch of them going to the same spot , racing ip and down on scooters and mopeds pulling wheelies and generally acting like idiots. So far two crashes have happened and kid was run over by one of them

Natural selection at it’s finest

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Those in a position of authority who like to believe they are the always the solutionist when infact they are the instigator to such problems. Then the memos sent to all to prove there existence within the organisation.
One time I was given a bulletpoint list of things to do to improve the bad situation mostly created by the person giving me the list.

I said, "I know what I failed to do. I should have given you this list 18 months ago."

That ruined any chance of a promotion for a good while.