Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not all, but a lot.

* My family have had approx 12 dogs over the years ... So I'm not anti dog, but I think the standard of ownership has decreased in line with how selfish and inconsiderate people have become these days.

Probably true, but also so many lockdown dogs with clueless owners who couldn't attend puppy classes etc (think the owners learn more than the dogs sometimes).

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Probably true, but also so many lockdown dogs with clueless owners who couldn't attend puppy classes etc (think the owners learn more than the dogs sometimes).

I grew up in the S West and I and most of my mates' families had dogs and cats. We didn't need puppy classes or any sort of intravention to bring up well behaved and disciplined dogs.

It's the self centred owners who will not give up their time and interact with their pets that cause behavioural issues when the dog is unsure of its place in the 'pack'.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Not all, but a lot.

* My family have had approx 12 dogs over the years ... So I'm not anti dog, but I think the standard of ownership has decreased in line with how selfish and inconsiderate people have become these days.

We just visited our new puppy last night for the final time until we take her home next Sunday. We won't be part of those people who have irritated you.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I grew up in the S West and I and most of my mates' families had dogs and cats. We didn't need puppy classes or any sort of intravention to bring up well behaved and disciplined dogs.

It's the self centred owners who will not give up their time and interact with their pets that cause behavioural issues when the dog is unsure of its place in the 'pack'.

We have waited until we have the time. And now we can't wait until she becomes part of our family (pack) next week. :)

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Since we're now discussing pet behaviour...
How come our cat wouldn't dream of peeing or pooing in the wrong place, but thinks it's ok to puke up on the carpet or a sofa?

RichA

Visit site
I listen to Kisstory and was just made to feel old by the presenter saying that this great music lets you know how your parents felt to be raving in the 90s. ?
My parents were in their 60s and I was the one doing the raving.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My car got rear ended today at a roundabout. No one hurt but the boot is goosed. Currently waiting for a recovery vehicle to take us home.

Apparently, according to the angry man who drove into me, I'm the winner in this ?. No, I'm not a winner. I'm 120 miles from home with a boot that won't close and the rear end of my car is 6" shorter than it used to be.

The only winners are the two motorcyclists I refused to take out on the roundabout who are still in one piece. Apparently, according to the angry man, I should have just gone, 'they'd have been okay'. Deep sigh.........(before anyone suggests it, no I didn't go on the roundabout and break, I didn't set off at all. He was watching the space, not me)

Over to the insurance companies....

D

Deleted member 18121

My car got rear ended today at a roundabout. No one hurt but the boot is goosed. Currently waiting for a recovery vehicle to take us home.

Apparently, according to the angry man who drove into me, I'm the winner in this ?. No, I'm not a winner. I'm 120 miles from home with a boot that won't close and the rear end of my car is 6" shorter than it used to be.

The only winners are the two motorcyclists I refused to take out on the roundabout who are still in one piece. Apparently, according to the angry man, I should have just gone, 'they'd have been okay'. Deep sigh.........(before anyone suggests it, no I didn't go on the roundabout and break, I didn't set off at all. He was watching the space, not me)

Over to the insurance companies....

No dash cam I assume?

From the way you describe it the angry fella doesn't have a leg to stand on, I'd you're stationary at a roundabout giving way to the right then surely the insurance companies can't see it any other way.

No whiplash etc?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No dash cam I assume?

From the way you describe it the angry fella doesn't have a leg to stand on, I'd you're stationary at a roundabout giving way to the right then surely the insurance companies can't see it any other way.

No whiplash etc?
No dash cam but hopefully it's a slam dunker. The guy knew this, hence part of his anger. The other part was just he was an aggressive, horrible individual.

No whiplash, thankfully. It's really just inconvenience, assuming his details are correct as well.

Next irritation. The insurance company who had me on hold for 52 minutes before ending the call. Rather than wait another hour we are on the train now, hire car can be sorted tomorrow. Poor service from the insurers.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No dash cam but hopefully it's a slam dunker. The guy knew this, hence part of his anger. The other part was just he was an aggressive, horrible individual.

No whiplash, thankfully. It's really just inconvenience, assuming his details are correct as well.

Next irritation. The insurance company who had me on hold for 52 minutes before ending the call. Rather than wait another hour we are on the train now, hire car can be sorted tomorrow. Poor service from the insurers.

Whiplash isn't always noticed straight away.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Re the hire car; do you actually need the hire car; and can you evidence that fact?

There is a current issue amongst motorcycle insurers of pushing hire bikes onto motorcyclists who don’t actually need them as they have alternative transportation. The opposition insurance company refuses the hire charges and the hire company comes after you for the payment. And they aren’t pleasant.

Not suggesting you don’t need a hire car, just highlighting a dubious practice currently ongoing in one arm of the industry. My apologies if it doesn’t apply.

I had my motorcycle hit and run whilst parked. I did the honest thing in letting them know and the grief I got from them trying to get me to have a hire bike was ridiculous. At one pointI asked them who was paying and was told it would be the other party. At which point my reply was along the lines of were you even Fraggering listening to me when I told you it was a hit and run?

Good luck.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Phone up his insurance instead and ask for a hire car, you’ll likely get one that day from enterprise. Your insurance may use an expensive third party to supply a hire car and could take longer plus his insurance will be keen to keep costs down.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The dollar parity… pound in free fall, will make holidays expensive (staycation is even more expensive).

Stock markets are down big time, but all loses on my US stocks have been covered by the weaker gbp.. so quids in

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re the hire car; do you actually need the hire car; and can you evidence that fact?

There is a current issue amongst motorcycle insurers of pushing hire bikes onto motorcyclists who don’t actually need them as they have alternative transportation. The opposition insurance company refuses the hire charges and the hire company comes after you for the payment. And they aren’t pleasant.

Not suggesting you don’t need a hire car, just highlighting a dubious practice currently ongoing in one arm of the industry. My apologies if it doesn’t apply.

I had my motorcycle hit and run whilst parked. I did the honest thing in letting them know and the grief I got from them trying to get me to have a hire bike was ridiculous. At one pointI asked them who was paying and was told it would be the other party. At which point my reply was along the lines of were you even Fraggering listening to me when I told you it was a hit and run?

Good luck.
We gave up today and got the train back. Who knows if we'd have ever got through.

That is something to think about, thanks for the warning. I'm pretty sure we will need a hire car. We could manage at times but not for the whole period, aa man who collected the car estimated it will take 3 weeks all in all based on his current experience. What I won't do is take the Mickey. I don't need anything extravagant for a temporary car.

Insurer is closed now, form has been completed and sent in online. They will ring me tomorrow so I can think on this overnight. Thanks ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phone up his insurance instead and ask for a hire car, you’ll likely get one that day from enterprise. Your insurance may use an expensive third party to supply a hire car and could take longer plus his insurance will be keen to keep costs down.
Driver claimed not to have his insurance details. He was very aggressive so I didn't want to push it. Interestingly, the insurance form didn't need his insurance details, car reg, name and number were enough. I had those.