Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tesco

Been late a lot over the summer for our deliveries. Not ideal , but driver shortages are understable when it's the summer

Slot is 4-5 today

Got txt 10am your order is running late be with you by 17:35 thought that's not awful but we select 4-5 for a reason.

Another just txt now

Be with you by half 7

Seriously .. just ridiculous

I use Tesco for work deliveries aswell and they are never late , just our one that can't seem to sort it out

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Energy Price Guarantee for anyone on heating oil resulting to a whole £100 whilst the oil companies make hay. How much has the price cap knocked off gas bills for the average house? Utterly disgusting and not close to being equivalent despite what they say

I would complain to my MP but seriously, when its Nadine Dorries, whats the point!!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Energy Price Guarantee for anyone on heating oil resulting to a whole £100 whilst the oil companies make hay. How much has the price cap knocked off gas bills for the average house? Utterly disgusting and not close to being equivalent despite what they say

I would complain to my MP but seriously, when its Nadine Dorries, whats the point!!!

I am not as worried. Heating oil fluctuates more and can go from a good price, to an awful once and back again in a fortnight. Also get the £400 bill contributions still that only needs to cover electric and so with the various payments, I reckon we have received enough to cover half to three quarters of a tank of oil on my tank which is about 1/3 to a half a year of supply, enough to get through the winter. OK, helps that I am still on a fixed electric rate and so any payments received go straight in the oil tank.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am not as worried. Heating oil fluctuates more and can go from a good price, to an awful once and back again in a fortnight. Also get the £400 bill contributions still that only needs to cover electric and so with the various payments, I reckon we have received enough to cover half to three quarters of a tank of oil on my tank which is about 1/3 to a half a year of supply, enough to get through the winter. OK, helps that I am still on a fixed electric rate and so any payments received go straight in the oil tank.

Lets hope everyone on heating oil is on fixed price electricity contracts then and excuse the government from actually delivering the equivalent help to those on mains gas

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lets hope everyone on heating oil is on fixed price electricity contracts then and excuse the government from actually delivering the equivalent help to those on mains gas

Not excusing anyone. Oil price increases are not in the same league as gas and are going down. Been steady at about 88p a litre for most of the year after a short doubling of the price in Februray.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tesco

Been late a lot over the summer for our deliveries. Not ideal , but driver shortages are understable when it's the summer

Slot is 4-5 today

Got txt 10am your order is running late be with you by 17:35 thought that's not awful but we select 4-5 for a reason.

Another just txt now

Be with you by half 7

Seriously .. just ridiculous

I use Tesco for work deliveries aswell and they are never late , just our one that can't seem to sort it out

Is it the same driver when they're late? I used to have Tesco deliveries and it was always the same guy when they were late. Nice enough guy but just took ages to get the stuff from the van to the door. In the end I asked the store not to send him on our deliveries again - felt bad but it was getting ridiculous, and irritating!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

The lack of "protection" for those on heating oil has long been an irritation for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it the same driver when they're late? I used to have Tesco deliveries and it was always the same guy when they were late. Nice enough guy but just took ages to get the stuff from the van to the door. In the end I asked the store not to send him on our deliveries again - felt bad but it was getting ridiculous, and irritating!

Na different drivers every time

Apparently they do a lot more of the local area now out of the one hub and each van used to do 10 orders now it's 15

No room for delays

The wife wanted to stop getting them because of it, the one week she was out ofc they were bang on time lol