Random Irritations

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We're into that time of year where it's lovely and warm in the day time and then freezing cold as soon as the sun's down. Wife touted the possibility of sticking the heating on for an hour, but we've agreed to try and get out of the habit what with the impending energy bill armageddon. Evening jumpers at the ready.

Same here….. got the Mrs tucked up in an Aldi heated throw. Hope to keep the heating off for a few more weeks!

Still hoping to get a Log burner installed before Christmas ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're into that time of year where it's lovely and warm in the day time and then freezing cold as soon as the sun's down. Wife touted the possibility of sticking the heating on for an hour, but we've agreed to try and get out of the habit what with the impending energy bill armageddon. Evening jumpers at the ready.

I came close on Monday until I reminded myself I was still wearing a lightweight short sleeve shirt and a very thin jumper.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know if anyone still plays Heardle (like Wordle but it's guess the intro of a song) but since Spotify took it over it's been awful. Instead of well-known songs they just pick some piece of rubbish that presumably has a million clicks by 15-year-olds, that regular people have absolutely no chance of guessing correctly. I used to enjoy but I haven't got one right in a week now.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't know if anyone still plays Heardle (like Wordle but it's guess the intro of a song) but since Spotify took it over it's been awful. Instead of well-known songs they just pick some piece of rubbish that presumably has a million clicks by 15-year-olds, that regular people have absolutely no chance of guessing correctly. I used to enjoy but I haven't got one right in a week now.
Yeah I still do it sometimes but agree to often I don't have a clue. Have you tried actorle ?
https://actorle.com/

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife started a new job earlier this month, 2 days a week in the office max was agreed.
They're calling everyone back in now for 5 days and there isn't enough space on the car park.
So the job search starts again, what archaic nonsense, companies insisting on 5 days a week arses on seats will have no decent staff left soon.
We had a team meeting in the office yesterday, 1st one since covid although I have been to the office myself a dozen or so times in the last couple of years. The boss provided lunch and said we shall be working from home for the foreseeable. We just have to have a team meeting in the office once every three months? This will save me a fortune as going to the office is a 60 mile round trip.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Receiving an audit report from a 3rd party consultant employed by our client on one of our projects.

I didn’t even know such a thing was being undertaken. Which is irritating on its own.

But, as these companies do. They have issued the report to every man and his dog. Again irritating.

Said report is, as expected, full of major non conformities and claims that unless rectified immediately, the whole project is at risk of failure and possibly the world might explode. Again, rather irritating.

But it gets better. Knowing the company that has done the report quite well. I knew this was more than likely their generic report. And it was! They haven’t tailored it to suit the specific requirements of this particular project.

So I’ve had to spend the morning defending our position and spelling out to them why what we have produced is correct, and why their report is wrong.

A complete waste of my time.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
more than an irritation but having to take evasive action to avoid the 2 flat bed trucks and a corsa who decided not to wait at a set of traffic lights and cross the central grass verge to drive down the wrong side of the road

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All the kerfuffle about Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby and whether they did or didn't jump a queue. People are wanting them sacked and publicly flogged - they didn't seem too bothered when they turned up drunk for the show after the awards ceremonies

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
All the kerfuffle about Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby and whether they did or didn't jump a queue. People are wanting them sacked and publicly flogged - they didn't seem too bothered when they turned up drunk for the show after the awards ceremonies

they're starting their own business - we jump any queue.com

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Receiving an audit report from a 3rd party consultant employed by our client on one of our projects.

I didn’t even know such a thing was being undertaken. Which is irritating on its own.

But, as these companies do. They have issued the report to every man and his dog. Again irritating.

Said report is, as expected, full of major non conformities and claims that unless rectified immediately, the whole project is at risk of failure and possibly the world might explode. Again, rather irritating.

But it gets better. Knowing the company that has done the report quite well. I knew this was more than likely their generic report. And it was! They haven’t tailored it to suit the specific requirements of this particular project.

So I’ve had to spend the morning defending our position and spelling out to them why what we have produced is correct, and why their report is wrong.

Bet it felt good putting them straight though?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

I obviously know nothing about your business, but this sounds like a "Non job"
scenario.
Am I close? ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

We get these sometimes and as you say they are infuriating, especially when the client buys into them 100%. Emails normally say “see comments below by xxx, please respond immediately” copied into all and sundry, So like you say, you end up spending half a day deconstructing their report justifying your own work…. Makes me angry just thinking about it! ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The level of health and safety required to protect those starved of common sense and blessed with the highest levels of fugtardary know to mankind!

Advised by Starbucks on a recent road trip that they cannot serve my cinnamon swirls warm as one of the (insert all sorts here) staff had recently burnt their hand on hot icing.

Q) - did they not use the serving tongs?
A) - we don’t know.

Q) - were they not given basic training as to the risk of hot sugar when inducted?
A) - I can’t recall.

Q) - if they burn themselves on my latte does that mean you’ll be serving everything cold and the customer will need to microwave it themselves!
A) - now you’re just being silly.

Q) - ok, so the customer is being silly but the person who clearly picked up hot food with their hands avoiding all hygiene and h&s standards wasn’t but now because of them I can’t have my swirl warm.
A) - sir do you want the swirl or not?

Q) - Yes and I want it bloody warmed. Can I speak to the manager.
A) - sir, I am the manager.

FUGTARD, absolute fugtardary of the highest level.

On the plus side it’s only effected any franchised outlets on the a303 because the level of risk does not spread nationwide ?????