Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that a, i want your 100,000 unit price, but i only want 10 units...
It might be a bit more than 10 units but yes, very much along those lines :rolleyes:. I wouldn't mind so much if they had only gone a bit over but they have moved the decimal point by 1 to 2 places and that is plain daft, and a bit insulting. Ah well........

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just heard a song in the radio and had a flash back to a band I had a few practice sessions with years ago. The guitarist was constantly saying stuff like “the drummer does this here” and basically trying to tell me what to play. I didn’t go back a third time ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
??? What rats or ship?
You can choose…I note one heading off from LBC to GB News - no doubt he’ll feel more comfortable there. Though on LBC it was a blow to see Eddie Mair depart…retiring…but in his four years there he was clearly able to express himself and hold others to account in a way that he could not do when in a previous employment.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Sorry, I do that. I hate all those bluddy cameras and make sure, when I see one, I don't get caught.
You know the speed limit, just do it. I see this on motorways and dual carriageways. People shoot past, slam on the brakes when they see a speed camera, I carry on at the legal limit, overtake them, and then once past the speed camera, off they shoot again. The same happens when people pass police cars doing 60 on the motorways. They slow down, and then I finish up going past them at 70. You don't need a cruise control to keep to the speed limit.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Roughcast. So many houses here in Scotland have it, and I hate it. Once it starts to go it's a pain to fix and needs to be painted regularly and eventually replaced. I have seen lots of houses where it is falling off. Our new house (thankfully) only has a little bit around a bedroom window. Otherwise it's just all brick.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assume that you can give them stepped pricing dependent on volume?
Absolutely. It's just more, unnecessary, work though. The volumes were so huge, so ridiculous, that the breaks would be multiple, the work to establish them properly significant. All for no purpose. It isn't just a copy and paste job from previous quotes.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roughcast. So many houses here in Scotland have it, and I hate it. Once it starts to go it's a pain to fix and needs to be painted regularly and eventually replaced. I have seen lots of houses where it is falling off. Our new house (thankfully) only has a little bit around a bedroom window. Otherwise it's just all brick.

+1 except our house is shell harling and I hate it with a passion. It's not degrading but it's so easy to badly cut and graze arms, elbows, heads, shoulders etc. on it. I must wince every time I see the kids running around the house and garden. Awful stuff.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have large areas of our house with pebble dash, similar to your roughcast. We dislike it with a passion. It's across pretty much all of the houses on our estate but quite a few have rendered in recent years. It takes years off the houses, makes them look so much better. Sadly our house has quite a lot and so the quote to get it rendered was fairly eye watering. Pebble dash it is then ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Big fan of rough cast finish, the modern stuff like K Rend is coloured so no painting required.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
+1 except our house is shell harling and I hate it with a passion. It's not degrading but it's so easy to badly cut and graze arms, elbows, heads, shoulders etc. on it. I must wince every time I see the kids running around the house and garden. Awful stuff.
I still have scars on my fingers from 60 years ago when as a 5 year old my hand got trapped between the handlebar of my tricycle and the pebble dash wall of a house.

RRidges

Visit site
If it's the same as Pebble Dashing, I'm in total agreement. It was apparently originally a copout for lack of quality bricky availability, but became a cheap alternative to doing a proper job!

RichA

Visit site
6 months of largely dry weather has made me forget my usual wet weather commuting tactics. An uncomfortable day at work lies ahead.