Random Irritations

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't know why people keep cats :(
It's because of their relative independence!
Dogs generally require a far more disciplined/dedicated approach to their care - particularly exercise and often/generally need to be 'kept' (inside or caged) by owners. Cats will quite happily roam, but return (generally) to 'homebase' for food/warmth/place to sleep.
My golfing mate's family 'lost' their dog (old age) a while ago and replaced him with 3 feline brothers (they were only after 1, but...). Far less 'upkeep' and just as 'entertaining'.
At one stage, we had 4, 1 of which was 'my' cat (actually, it was the reverse...I was her person!). She could recognise the sound of my car from far enough away to be waiting on the driveway to show me round 'her' territory each day! She did have 1 negative habit - bringing dead/dying birds for me as 'presents'! Fortunately, this changed/evolved to pairs of socks! Oh, and she loved water (so likely some Siamese genes) especially the garden sprinklers! Her brother actually moved next door, as the food/freedom/love was better/less competitive!

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My engineering partner has resigned and is going elsewhere. It makes sense because he was moved into department and pushed into a demotion.
These things will always lead to staff leaving.
I hope he is still in Gothenburg so I can still visit him and we can talk our usual cobblers ☹️.
But I also hope he is happier at the big V

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dogs generally require a far more disciplined/dedicated approach to their care - particularly exercise and often/generally need to be 'kept' (inside or caged) by owners. Cats will quite happily roam, but return (generally) to 'homebase' for food/warmth/place to sleep.
My golfing mate's family 'lost' their dog (old age) a while ago and replaced him with 3 feline brothers (they were only after 1, but...). Far less 'upkeep' and just as 'entertaining'.
At one stage, we had 4, 1 of which was 'my' cat (actually, it was the reverse...I was her person!). She could recognise the sound of my car from far enough away to be waiting on the driveway to show me round 'her' territory each day! She did have 1 negative habit - bringing dead/dying birds for me as 'presents'! Fortunately, this changed/evolved to pairs of socks! Oh, and she loved water (so likely some Siamese genes) especially the garden sprinklers! Her brother actually moved next door, as the food/freedom/love was better/less competitive!
We have the ultimate independent pet - a Chilean Rose Tarantula :) Only needs cleaning every 6 month or so, hardly eats anything - only had about 6 crickets in the last 2 years, and never needs walking/letting out in the garden. Just change the water ever week and she is fine. Only downside, not very entertaining, but at least it keeps the mother in law away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As I said, some of the cladding was legal at the time it was fitted and complied to all the regulations at the time. How can you bring criminal proceedings in these cases? Those building companies that are found to have fitted non compliant cladding should definitely be prosecuted and also made to pay to replace the cladding. But, as in many things in life, it is never black and white (if I am still allowed to say that!)

I insure lots of building contractors and you are correct in that the cladding met building regs at the time so the contractors did nothing wrong.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a video of a cat caught in a cat flap being accosted by a Shih Tzu, in the laughter thread :ROFLMAO:

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cats are wonderful and I would not be without my 2. That said, I would also love a dog but with both of us out of the house for almost 12 hours a day, it would not really be fair on the dog and so we stick with cats who are alll rescued, are great company and totally independent.
100% - I would love a dog as well but just not fair. My brother & sister-in-law got another dog about 6 months ago (spent a fortune on a black lab puppy) but go away for the weekend & leave the poor thing at the dog sitters pretty much all of the time because apparently "if they take the dog with them, they can't go to the nice beaches/cottages & have to go to the places that allow dogs".
Very difficult trying to bite my tongue all of the time

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
People who play video games on their phone with volume turned up! Went for lunch at a cafe/bar and woman at next table played throughout. "Biddley dee, biddley dee, bing bong bee, biddley biddley dee" all through effing lunch.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The wife would absolutely freak if that happened - she's not great with the mice. That would tip her over the edge
We have two lovely Hebridean farm cats we got as teensie kittens, they have a strong hunting instinct. Last week I slipped on a pair of shoes I keep by the back door. That’s odd - thinks I - feels like something in the toe of my right shoe. Took it off and turned it up and a little mouse dropped out and zipped off - chased by the cats.??