Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
People at work who don't like my answer to their stupid proposal.
So start fishing round other people to find someone that will give tham the nod to go ahead with the stupid proposal. And saying they have run it past me. (technically they did I suppose)

Then trying to pin the consequences of their stupid idea and resulting ? storm on me, and expecting me to bail them out.

#FRO

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't stop him re-creating the scene numerous times over the years to make some money. Must be hard up now so chasing the dollars!
Exactly this. He's trotted out on all the other anniversaries, suddenly he's traumatised by it now he's short of a few quid. Hopefully gets laughed out of court.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Exactly this. He's trotted out on all the other anniversaries, suddenly he's traumatised by it now he's short of a few quid. Hopefully gets laughed out of court.
We were talking about this at work today. Apparently one of my team worked in HMV when at Uni. People complained in his store about the image on Nevermind and he had the job of putting price labels over the ‘offending’ image. Mental.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Meal Deals where it is cheaper to buy 2 items a do want and one I do not than buy 2 on their own. At least have an option where I can donate the crips to a food bank or allow you to buy the 2 items for the lower price that 3 would have cost.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
30million copies were sold and there is shed load of play/ download payments as well … pretty small fry payment request, I mean no one would have bought the album without the cover!!
But a serious note, if they did not pay for the image then they need to pay. Can’t have musicians dead or alive not paying royalties that would be hypocritical …

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have two 27" Samsung 1440p 144Hz monitors in my WFH set-up (2 years old) and one has developed a fault. Might be a minor irritation as I can always just replace it but I like my set-up being even and symmetrical and Samsung no longer make the 1800R curve version of that monitor and the new ones are 1000R and look really bulky.

Total first world problem but it's annoyed me today.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Non PVC cling film. It's just not as good as proper cling film.

I get the whole saving the planet, non single use plastics but at least make your product almost as good as the alternative and with this it just isn't.

We've got two decent Chinese takeaways near us. One delivers their food in foil containers, the other in plastic containers. We always order from the one with the plastic containers as the quality of the food is pretty much the same and we then reuse the containers for homemade meals to go in the freezer. It's all very well going on about saving the planet and cutting down on "single use" plastics, but these people need to realise that in real life these are often not "single use" and are being used for months or even years before being recycled.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Non PVC cling film. It's just not as good as proper cling film.

I get the whole saving the planet, non single use plastics but at least make your product almost as good as the alternative and with this it just isn't.
Don't blame the manufacturer, you may not be, it isn't their fault. There is a reason plastics are widely used and why 'proper' cling film works and fake stuff doesn't. Mfrs are being pushed down a particular road but customers are going to have to accept a mixture of inferior products and more expensive products as changes are forced through.

You can't replicate perfectly the replacements and govts and organisations stamping their feet and demanding change can't alter that, no matter how hard they stamp. It's the same as taking salt and sugar out of foods and pretending they taste exactly the same, they don't.

I'll happily join you in the irritation of inferior cling film, if it doesn't do the job then what is the point?, but the mfrs will be feeling the same level of irritation at producing a poor product that they know exposes them to losing customers.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ebay. Just when did they change their paying system to allow buyers to choose the postage option? I didn't notice and have just sent an item out costing me £3.50 and they have paid 58p ! So I'm 3 quid out of pocket!!! The damned stuff was only a tenner, and don't anyone start singing either!!!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Ebay. Just when did they change their paying system to allow buyers to choose the postage option? I didn't notice and have just sent an item out costing me £3.50 and they have paid 58p ! So I'm 3 quid out of pocket!!! The damned stuff was only a tenner, and don't anyone start singing either!!!

Are you sure you didn't tick the option for allowing them to choose?