Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of a multiple irritation today

Samsung dryer is 3 years old .. 5 year warranty .. its just broke for second time .. same thing as last time .. this part (see pic) snaps because it's poorly designed and made of plastic not metal

So annoyance one is badly design

Annoyance 2 is they don't have record of me registering the extending of the warranty .. now that's either mine or their fault .. either their records missed it or I forgot .. so for now Ill blame myself as could have forgot these things happen

Annoyance 3 is having to register for extending of a warranty that's free (got proof of purchase) should be standard

Annoyance 4 is I think I can find the part to repair it myself . Only £20 .. just it's a white part and the company put it on a white background so I can't be 100% sure lol

I'll find out im sure

Been a fun Sunday so far PXL_20210627_064049456_copy_1024x768.jpg

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of a multiple irritation today

Samsung dryer is 3 years old .. 5 year warranty .. its just broke for second time .. same thing as last time .. this part (see pic) snaps because it's poorly designed and made of plastic not metal

So annoyance one is badly design

Annoyance 2 is they don't have record of me registering the extending of the warranty .. now that's either mine or their fault .. either their records missed it or I forgot .. so for now Ill blame myself as could have forgot these things happen

Annoyance 3 is having to register for extending of a warranty that's free (got proof of purchase) should be standard

Annoyance 4 is I think I can find the part to repair it myself . Only £20 .. just it's a white part and the company put it on a white background so I can't be 100% sure lol

I'll find out im sure

Been a fun Sunday so far View attachment 37260

eBay to the rescue £31 arrives Tuesday they said

Samsung can take their 48 hours to decide if it's warranty or not and I'll just fix it.. if it is under warranty it's only 18 more months which this fan would last anyways so now I know I'll just keep it going myself rathsr than throw it out .. seems a waste

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Manufacturers of screws who insist on making the heads from metal so soft it could be butter. A day of DIY, with screw heads disintegrating at the merest hint of pressure through a screwdriver has left the air in our house very, very blue.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doing a pre trip check of the caravan ahead of 11 days away on Thursday to discover the side lights are not getting any feed from the car so need to get that looked at tomorrow or Tuesday . rain forecast for tomorrow which will make the planned mowing a pain or at worse delay until Wednesday. Be glad when August gets here at will be only 4 lawns left as I run down to full retirement

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Manufacturers of screws who insist on making the heads from metal so soft it could be butter. A day of DIY, with screw heads disintegrating at the merest hint of pressure through a screwdriver has left the air in our house very, very blue.

Buy decent screws and a screwdriver that is a perfect fit. Using a driver that sort of fits will see you have issues.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Doing a pre trip check of the caravan ahead of 11 days away on Thursday to discover the side lights are not getting any feed from the car so need to get that looked at tomorrow or Tuesday . rain forecast for tomorrow which will make the planned mowing a pain or at worse delay until Wednesday. Be glad when August gets here at will be only 4 lawns left as I run down to full retirement

Where are you off to?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Just had the same with the roof I've put on my pergola, a pilot hole helped a lot but the quality of the screw head was terrible. I lost count of the amount of screws I had to remove and throw away :mad:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Buy decent screws and a screwdriver that is a perfect fit. Using a driver that sort of fits will see you have issues.

Just had the same with the roof I've put on my pergola, a pilot hole helped a lot but the quality of the screw head was terrible. I lost count of the amount of screws I had to remove and throw away :mad:

Decent screws, pilot hole, clearance hole, countersink & tallow on the threads & your problems will disappear.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
They were probably stainless screws,we have use them to use them at work.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m wearing my contact lenses a lot more these last few months and I’ve run out of the one for my right eye. Tsk.

OK I’m just going to have to wear my glasses, but as we are heading up London later today - meal this evening plus overnight stay as making a two day occasion of it for our 30th tomorrow (I know - how has she managed that you might well ask) with long overdue visit to Westminster Abbey and shopping for a nice piece of jewellery tomorrow - plus with a bit of rain about that would these days be two days for my contacts as my glasses lenses have got a bit scuffed...drat!