Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Need to somehow get podcasts on your stereo

That's the future, great to smash through them on a drive really pass the time
Wouldn't they be longer than 10-15 minutes? I don't really think I'd be able to concentrate hard enough to pay attention to it, what with only having been on the road two months, lol.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't they be longer than 10-15 minutes? I don't really think I'd be able to concentrate hard enough to pay attention to it, what with only having been on the road two months, lol.

You would be surprised lol

They would be but you can listen to them in stages

I do 2-3 a day to be fair lol 50 mins average drive tho,

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Birds in the ducted aircon. 3 times in the last few weeks we’ve had Sparrows peaking through the grills in the lounge and main bedroom. If there’s been a hole for them to get in, we’ve been airconning the planet through the hole too.

Had the fitter out today. 3 dead Sparrows fished out of the ducting.
Issues with Air Con is not something I've encountered in Scotland.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Need to somehow get podcasts on your stereo

That's the future, great to smash through them on a drive really pass the time
That's what I do for my drives. I listen to loads of podcasts and it's amazing what you can learn as you drive along. Horses for courses. I'd rather listen to interesting factual stuff and learn something than listen to banal chatter on the radio.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's what I do for my drives. I listen to loads of podcasts and it's amazing what you can learn as you drive along. Horses for courses. I'd rather listen to interesting factual stuff and learn something than listen to banal chatter on the radio.

Ironically my main postcast is the Dave berry breakfast show lol

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
People who wear neck scarves instead of disposable masks, it seems a popular thing to do but please at least wash it now and again rather than let it look like the dog has been playing with it for a fortnight ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
People who wear neck scarves instead of disposable masks, it seems a popular thing to do but please at least wash it now and again rather than let it look like the dog has been playing with it for a fortnight ?

Not sure if it still stands true but I remember when mask wearing first started, it was reported that wearing a neck scarf or similar was actually worse than not wearing anything so mine went in the bin and were replaced with normal masks.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if it still stands true but I remember when mask wearing first started, it was reported that wearing a neck scarf or similar was actually worse than not wearing anything so mine went in the bin and were replaced with normal masks.

I swear the point of doing it is nothing to do with protecting anyone it's just conforming

Nobody can tell you to leave because your not wearing a mask

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I swear the point of doing it is nothing to do with protecting anyone it's just conforming

Nobody can tell you to leave because your not wearing a mask

I don't recall seeing anyone wearing a mask that will offer any kind of genuine protection sice the first weeks of lockdown. When there was a guy in Sainsburys wearing what looked like the hood from a fallout suit.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't recall seeing anyone wearing a mask that will offer any kind of genuine protection sice the first weeks of lockdown. When there was a guy in Sainsburys wearing what looked like the hood from a fallout suit.
I started off with three-layer masks, but when the weather got warmer it was just too hot to wear them on the tube, I couldn't breathe. I had to switch to a single-layer stretchy fabric one. Material-wise it's basically no different to pulling your t-shirt up over your face. But it fulfils the criteria of needing to wear a mask. I also don't really believe it makes any difference, but I have no objection to wearing one so it's fine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Things That Gladden thread becoming an irritation!!

If someone has something good happen - congratulate them and let them enjoy the moment.
Or when someone makes an innocuous tongue-in-cheek comment and four or five people get the wrong end of the stick and pile in having a go at them? What about that?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or when someone makes an innocuous tongue-in-cheek comment and four or five people get the wrong end of the stick and pile in having a go at them? What about that?

Equally irritating but the tongue in cheek element easily missed across the airwaves :)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

People who post ambiguous comments.

Perhaps if 4 or 5 people got the wrong end of the stick then the issue lies with the way it was expressed rather than those making the comments?