Random Irritations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They're not. I had to find one myself. They made a number of suggestions but given I needed to be in Northampton or Milton Keynes, the choice was limited. In the end I went for the Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes East.

its alright there, couldve been far worse!!! closer to the road up to Silverstone too, getting into town not far from there or you can go into Newport Pagnell

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yet another thread appearing that's nothing but catnip for those that the forum could do without; on both sides of the always political argument. Another thread that was ALWAYS going to get political.
MMMMM! Political, eh? / do without eh?......................Care to drop any names into the mix then??
Obviously this has to be sorted out as it's causing you some stress, and that is not the purpose of the Forum!!..Is it??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I carry a small bottle of insect repellent I'm my golf bag after being bitten one time too many at my old course. Apply before a game when it's hot, not been bitten since ?
I have an insect spray but the bites happened before I remembered we still had it, ha. Also the spray smells really bizarre. Bit I did use it for football last night and no new bites. (y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I carry a small bottle of insect repellent I'm my golf bag after being bitten one time too many at my old course. Apply before a game when it's hot, not been bitten since ?
I hate stuff like that.
Easy to just wear trousers.
Most modern trousers now are ok in hot weather.
Was bitten on the back of my knee by a horse fly once ( must have been a Godzilla one )
I could hardly walk the next day , so trousers for me since.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Website shops that constantly have a sale. I buy protein powders from the protein works, but man do they annoy me. I don't think I have paid the same price twice in over a year, every day there is a different offer, voucher code, deal... Just make it a decent price please!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Factory managers who don't get involved all day, then as you're walking out of the door run after you and say "did such and such mention the issue we have..."
Tell me when I walked in at 9am this morning not at the end of the shift ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Firms still sending standard reply email responses saying that due to covid they may not be able to offer to the usual service standards. Sorry but it has been 15 months now, if you have not worked out how to operate your business property during a pandemic in nearly a year and a half then you really should give up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Firms still sending standard reply email responses saying that due to covid they may not be able to offer to the usual service standards. Sorry but it has been 15 months now, if you have not worked out how to operate your business property during a pandemic in nearly a year and a half then you really should give up.

It's awful! Clubhouse golf took 4 weeks to reply to an email ..

I have a contact in customer service now I email her direct she gets back within a day

It's not hard

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's awful! Clubhouse golf took 4 weeks to reply to an email ..

I have a contact in customer service now I email her direct she gets back within a day

It's not hard

I would hate to suggest that there are firms that I deal with that may be profiteering but promising the same service levels and charging the same whilst leaving a significant number of their staff on furlough but.........

D-S

Visit site
The hotel I just stayed in which added a 10% service charge to the whole bill, which included meals and drinks which I had already added a tip to - so this charge was in part a tip on top of a tip. When I questioned it they said it was discretionary so I had it removed. This is a new one on me and I hope it’s not going to become a thing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The hotel I just stayed in which added a 10% service charge to the whole bill, which included meals and drinks which I had already added a tip to - so this charge was in part a tip on top of a tip. When I questioned it they said it was discretionary so I had it removed. This is a new one on me and I hope it’s not going to become a thing.

Been going on for years

Mainly for big groups tho , normally indicated on the menu and you can get removed as you say