Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Isn't the big party the whole point? Nobody needs to get married, unless you're trying a get a passport to remain in the country.
Exactly. Less and less people are religious, and a wedding is really just a celebration. So understandable if couples don't want to do it without half their guest list.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure I agree. For some people (have to say, mostly women) they have dreamed about exactly what their wedding will be like since they were young, and if they can't have all their family and friends present then it doesn't wouldn't feel right. I got married a few years ago, but everyone who knows me and my wife would have probably said that if it didn't descend into a massive booze-up then it just wouldn't have been us. :LOL:

It's not about the day, it's about the rest of their lives .......................... surely.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some EVs already have 2 horns. One loud harsh one to get people out of the way and a second more polite toot, excuse me, coming through.
They have put engine noises in them in Japan because so many people got run over by them.
They couldn’t hear them coming apparently?
They must be invisible as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A new Sainsbury superstore is being built in town.
It's off one of the busiest roundabouts in town.
The roundabout is going to be closed for a week for Electrical work..
The town is going to come to a standstill
I think I may take a week off......

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They have put engine noises in them in Japan because so many people got run over by them.
They couldn’t hear them coming apparently?
They must be invisible as well.

my BIL has an Electric Porsche Taycan... paid extra for special electronic noise. It sounds like a millennium falcon when he accelerate (0-60 <4s) but otherwise stays silent

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I dunno, I saw a forumite on a bike with a golf club just last night ???
I would occasionally cycle to my previous golf club with my clubs slung over my shoulder. I’m not so sure that I was safe but I don’t recall being sworn or tooted at as a nuisance...and it was a busy city arterial main road in Bristol ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife complaining about my straight through exhaust … and the cars high speed. She hasn’t been in it since it was discretely tuned 4 years ago.
I love it though, and it sounds great as you go through the revs

I used to have a 2.5ltr V6 Omega with a straight through exhaust ................................ awesome.
I was the God of thunder.