Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why can't Americans spell "Mum?"

People who use text speak in anything other than a text.
A cousin of mine married an American, moved over there and now has 2 kids. She posts on FB calling herself mom ?. Why, just why? It pains me every time. I'm not friends with her on FB but others I am with repost, hence I get to see the offending material.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A cousin of mine married an American, moved over there and now has 2 kids. She posts on FB calling herself mom ?. Why, just why? It pains me every time. I'm not friends with her on FB but others I am with repost, hence I get to see the offending material.

It's worse for me when people still living in Britain start speaking/typing American.
In fact, someone on this very forum very recently referred to a car park as a parking lot.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's worse for me when people still living in Britain start speaking/typing American.
In fact, someone on this very forum very recently referred to a car park as a parking lot.

I was a Fireman for 31years and frequent a London FB site and get really wound up when fire appliances are called "trucks"

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair there is an O in mother .
There isn’t a U .
So it might be us that’s wrong.:)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Good point - it's why I stay off the soccer thread :ROFLMAO: I do actually get used to calling it that because of the work I do on American sports radio talking about English sports.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good point - it's why I stay off the soccer thread :ROFLMAO: I do actually get used to calling it that because of the work I do on American sports radio talking about English sports.

At least the Americans seem to have stopped calling bunkers, sand traps.
That used to really boil my pea when moronic British persons called them sand traps.

Soccer is an abbreviation of Association so fine by me.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’m seriously confused, it is no longer in my ‘out of bounds’ thread’. Have I accidentally ‘ignored’ a thread, can you do this?

If you've put someone on ignore, and they were the original author, you won't see anything they post. Not sure about being able to ignore a thread.

There is an unwatch button at the top of the page...

D

Deleted member 16999

I’m seriously confused, it is no longer in my ‘out of bounds’ thread’. Have I accidentally ‘ignored’ a thread, can you do this?
If you've put someone on ignore, and they were the original author, you won't see anything they post. Not sure about being able to ignore a thread.

There is an unwatch button at the top of the page...
This is correct, if you have a person on ignore and they start a thread, you won’t see the thread on the relevant forum.

Tagged you in the thread, you should get a message.