Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Rain! We've had rain on and off for 2 weeks, the worst April on record. Rain a day, miss a day, rain a day, miss a day. Its just started, 2.5 hours early and even earlier for the thunder and lightening that was due to start around 1 am.

Spent the morning washing down the terraces and the car to shift the red dust that comes with rain from the Sahara. Guess I'll be doing the same tomorrow.

God is overdue flicking his big switch that usually means wall to wall blue sky till Oct.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just run some water to check for blockages, or am I missing something?
I worried that the glass would settle in the trap and cause a problem / blockage over time. A bit like branches and debris congregating in a river and blocking it.

It was however completely clear, glass has flushed through and out. Managed to get the push in section in now but the rubber seal has snapped on the screw in end. Down to the local hardware shop tomorrow.

Suspect I over thought this one and should have just turned the taps on as you said.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I worried that the glass would settle in the trap and cause a problem / blockage over time. A bit like branches and debris congregating in a river and blocking it.

It was however completely clear, glass has flushed through and out. Managed to get the push in section in now but the rubber seal has snapped on the screw in end. Down to the local hardware shop tomorrow.

Suspect I over thought this one and should have just turned the taps on as you said.
Ahhhhh...an office wallah trying to do practical jobs:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Run the taps to see if it flows through. If it does, fill the sink then pull the plug to flush it properly through. DO NOT fill the sink first as if the trap is blocked then you have to empty the sink before you can clear the trap.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The push in one put some washing up liquid on the rubber seal or the pipe it will slip in.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The push in one put some washing up liquid on the rubber seal or the pipe it will slip in.
Run the taps to see if it flows through. If it does, fill the sink then pull the plug to flush it properly through. DO NOT fill the sink first as if the trap is blocked then you have to empty the sink before you can clear the trap.
Thanks, both sound like very good tips ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Rain! We've had rain on and off for 2 weeks, the worst April on record. Rain a day, miss a day, rain a day, miss a day. Its just started, 2.5 hours early and even earlier for the thunder and lightening that was due to start around 1 am.

Spent the morning washing down the terraces and the car to shift the red dust that comes with rain from the Sahara. Guess I'll be doing the same tomorrow.

God is overdue flicking his big switch that usually means wall to wall blue sky till Oct.
Send it north! We've had nothing for weeks, desperately need some.

D-S

Visit site

We’re now watering the fairways it’s so dry here. If it wasn’t for the freezing wind we would have had the best run of golfing weather for the past 6 weeks (if only we’d been allowed to play).No rain in the forecast either.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sun burn.

Shorts out, legs out, sunburn.

Walked about 25 miles over Saturday / Sunday, (down the coast, not playing golf, clever clogs).

Blisters, loads, sore feet. Not used to walking all day, callouses gone during lock down, feet like a baby, with blisters.

Too windy to wear a hat today, 21 gusting 28. Yep, sun burnt head.

Loved every minute of it. So nice to be by the sea again.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sun burn.

Walked about 25 miles over Saturday / Sunday, (down the coast, not playing golf, clever clogs).

Blisters, loads, sore feet. Not used to walking all day, callouses gone during lock down, feet like a baby, with blisters.

Oooh sore
1000 mile socks and knotted hanky
All you need

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sun burn.

Second week in a row I've come back with a pink head after football today. Wasn't even that warm today, I had a baselayer on! (No gloves though you'll be please to know. ?) Doesn't help being ginger though. ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Second week in a row I've come back with a pink head after football today. Wasn't even that warm today, I had a baselayer on! (No gloves though you'll be please to know. ?) Doesn't help being ginger though. ?

14 down in Poole, but way hotter in the sun, if you could escape the wind.

Mrs Mogs had gloves on. She is a disgrace!

RichA

Visit site
Sun burn.

Get a Tilley hat. Head, neck and ears sun protected. Strap for when it's windy. Crunches up in the golf bag. Looks better on me than a baseball cap. Not keen on baseball caps now I'm a bit older. 0B59322B-088D-49BB-8E3C-0EBB1D9E75C9.jpeg

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
5am alarm, I didn't really want to get up today, but I had a swim session booked. Quick coffee, and get ready, drive to pool.

Get to the leisure centre at 05:50,

"Sorry mate, the pool cant open, chlorine levels are not right"

Could have stayed in bed!!!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is right across the media but a year ago the BBC were the first in the queue to moan about the lack of Covid testing, how it was a national disgrace.
12 months on they are moaning that there is too much testing now, how it's a waste of the tax payers money and there will be thousands of unused test kits sat in people's drawers.
Absolutely stealing my licence fee these days ?