Random Irritations

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I guessed that's aimed at me.

I was trying to find out what makes a man of faith believe he could convert a whole island to his religion and died for it

(Misplaced) Faith I suppose.

It’s just I feel a bit sorry for Hoagie as the forums only “open” Christian he seems to take a lot of stick for all things religious

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Badgering a poster about his faith even though said poster has never been preachy or tried to impose his faith on others. I find it unnecessary. (and I’m an atheist.)

As an atheist, I feel it is my job to challenge the evil of organised religion as much as I can. I certainly don’t believe in the notion of what people practice in terms of their religion is their unquestionable right.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
As an atheist, I feel it is my job to challenge the evil of organised religion as much as I can. I certainly don’t believe in the notion of what people practice in terms of their religion is their unquestionable right.

I didn’t realise being an atheist was a job! I must have missed that!...... Do your duties extend to your local Mosque or is it limited to having a pop at retirees on a Golf Forum? 🤔

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The prices for the two major league baseball games being played in June next year at the Olympic stadium. Even outfield seats are £70 each plus all the usual booking fees/venue admin charges etc. For that price, I could sit behind home plate at most major league stadiums in the States and probably get a free ball girl too. Those seats over here are going to be £250 each. The greed in this is truly epic. Most British baseball teams are already planning to boycott the games.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I didn’t realise being an atheist was a job! I must have missed that!...... Do your duties extend to your local Mosque or is it limited to having a pop at retirees on a Golf Forum? 🤔
I don’t seek it out but where it crosses my path, I’ll often address it.

So no I won’t go to a church and preach at them. But if a friend told me they’re having their child christened, I’ll explain to them why I feel it’s a massive wrong.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t seek it out but where it crosses my path, I’ll often address it.

So no I won’t go to a church and preach at them. But if a friend told me they’re having their child christened, I’ll explain to them why I feel it’s a massive wrong.

Seriously you’d do that?.... you sound pretty intolerant of other people’s views, like some sort of atheist fundamentalist!😁
Don’t get me wrong, I think the idea of religion in this day and age is frankly ridiculous but I’m more a live and let live/mind my own business sort of non believer.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Seriously you’d do that?.... you sound pretty intolerant of other people’s views, like some sort of atheist fundamentalist!😁
Don’t get me wrong, I think the idea of religion in this day and age is frankly ridiculous but I’m more a live and let live/mind my own business sort of non believer.

Absolutely I do. Christening a baby is a vile act.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You only have to look at his opening post on his "Trolling" post a few days ago. Very dogmatic on his views and takes a hardline approach (his words). Sad really as religion is an emotive subject at the best of times and even in these moderns times a catalyst towards a lot of what is wrong with the world. These sort of statements and others like christenings are vile does nothing to change the views of others on here that these posts are intolerant or deliberately aimed to get a reaction

D

Deleted member 16999

Well he is entitled to his opinions, just wondering if he has 666 tattooed on his head
Really? Do you not possibly see his posting style and from what he’s posted it’s more of a fact than a opinion.
It’s self-righteous and pig headed and I find a statement like that insulting to any parent who has christened a child.

I find him hateful

Vile:
adjective
  1. extremely unpleasant.
    "he has a vile temper"
    synonyms:foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavoury, repulsive, off-putting, repellent, revolting, repugnant, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening;
    • morally bad; wicked.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really? Do you not possibly see his posting style and from what he’s posted it’s more of a fact than a opinion.
It’s self-righteous and pig headed and I find a statement like that insulting to any parent who has christened a child.

I find him hateful

Vile:
adjective
  1. extremely unpleasant.
    "he has a vile temper"
    synonyms:foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavoury, repulsive, off-putting, repellent, revolting, repugnant, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening;
    • morally bad; wicked.
He’s not hateful, just contrary. I don’t think Kell is particularly principled just likes being different. That’s his perogative. Whilst I wouldn’t call it hateful I chose not to christen my kids. They can choose religion if they want but I won’t choose it for them. The selective hypocrisy of religion and the religious is the main reason

It’s only an insult if you choose to be insulted 👍