Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to the tank to find the windscreen iced over on the inside and a musty smell

Turns out there is a leak somewhere ... The driver's side passenger footwell is soaking

Wonder how long it's been like that

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
A couple today, Influencers, youtubers etc. And not just them, the people who follow them, as without following them, they would have to get a real job. My kids now aspire to be YouTubers or instgrammers as that's what's in their face. Grrr, I am trying to get them to aspire to be engineers, designers, thinkers!

Scalpers. This is where people (these days, computer systems that can react 10 x faster than humans) in buying the stock of much wanted items, usually stuff kids want, so then the pressure comes on the parents to pay the inflated "Ransom" price. So again, cause and effect, if people didn't pay the inflated prices, the practice wouldn't happen, the system would just work.

That'll do for now. Blood pressure rising.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going to the tank to find the windscreen iced over on the inside and a musty smell

Turns out there is a leak somewhere ... The driver's side passenger footwell is soaking

Wonder how long it's been like that

Open the bonnet and check the drain plugs. My money is they are full of leaves and crud, therefore blocked and its rain water getting in through the bulkhead. A VW Below, but most cars are similar.
iY4t0NT.jpg

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Open the bonnet and check the drain plugs. My money is they are full of leaves and crud, therefore blocked and its rain water getting in through the bulkhead. A VW Below, but most cars are similar.
View attachment 34937

Thanks I'll cheek out, it's a seat so same car20210208_104537_copy_1024x1365.jpg

That part is pretty wet and under the air con vent just down a bit

20210208_104542_copy_1024x1365.jpg

Must have dripped down with the snow because the floor is soaking under just that vent

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to the weather apps, the next time the temperature around here is going to feel above 0° is this time next week.....
Deep joy:cautious:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks I'll cheek out, it's a seat so same carView attachment 34938

That part is pretty wet and under the air con vent just down a bit

View attachment 34939

Must have dripped down with the snow because the floor is soaking under just that vent

If that's the headliner that's wet it won't be the engine bay drains that are the problem.

Could be that there are similar drain plugs along the roof line trim. Worst case scenraio is that there is a gap in the roof skin where the vent is.

But probable that you have a blocked "gutter" and it's diverting water in to the vent area when it shouldn't.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

543525.jpg

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Their guilt should weigh heavier and for longer than any penalty that might be imposed.

Sadly it won't; if they gave actually gave a :poop: they would never have been there in the first place. My experience is that type will see it as the injured party's fault for being stupid enough to volunteer for the work.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday and today

Two emails where the headers gave out the result of the golf tournaments before I had chance to watch the final rounds.

That was two unsubscribe requests put in.

D

Deleted member 18588

The fuss being made by the BBC News over winter weather.

"It's going to be cold in February," who would've thought it!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've remembered why I didn't watch much TV until the golf restarted and now the Rugby too......
Jeez, will someone go to Advert College and learn how to make one that doesn't instantly turn me off from ever using the product...
They are dire beyond belief

I do like to follow the advice in the Aerial one

"Keep away from children"

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New bathroom fitters started today. For whatever reason they've put hosepipes on the radiators to drain, going to outside. I work in a conservatory which is cold anyway, now I work in a conservatory with the door open when it's -1°c outside. :eek: On the plus side, I'm getting some use out of two items of winter golf clothing I've bought lately.