Random Irritations

Wolf

Visit site
Today is my wife's birthday, but due to lockdown I ordered presents online & a card through Moonpig. All arrived yesterday however upon opening the card this morning my wife absolutely wet herself. I couldn't work out why as I'd gone to a lot of effort to edit the layout with nice pictures, she showed me the card.. The name on the front said to my Amazing wife Joanna, problem is my wife's name is Vicki ?..

Cue me getting annoyed at moonpig making an error, so I checked my confirmation email and nope it was my error i hadn't changed the name in the online template, meaning its completely my cock up..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Today is my wife's birthday, but due to lockdown I ordered presents online & a card through Moonpig. All arrived yesterday however upon opening the card this morning my wife absolutely wet herself. I couldn't work out why as I'd gone to a lot of effort to edit the layout with nice pictures, she showed me the card.. The name on the front said to my Amazing wife Joanna, problem is my wife's name is Vicki ?..

Cue me getting annoyed at moonpig making an error, so I checked my confirmation email and nope it was my error i hadn't changed the name in the online template, meaning its completely my cock up..

for a minute I thought you were going to say Joanna was your ex's name!!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My wife had a similar issue this morning

Our daughters 3rd bday coming up so got her a card made

They sent it with 4 today in the middle

She wasn't impressed ?

Wolf

Visit site
My wife had a similar issue this morning

Our daughters 3rd bday coming up so got her a card made

They sent it with 4 today in the middle

She wasn't impressed ?
Its not just me that's useless then...

Fortunately my wife thought it was hilarious, but has plastered it all over social media already ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its not just me that's useless then...

Fortunately my wife thought it was hilarious, but has plastered it all over social media already ?

I'd have laughed my head off too!

At our wedding ceremony David suddenly started to panic - the sweat was beading on his top lip and I thought he might faint! So instead of saying "lawful wedded wife" he said "awful wedded life" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still makes me laugh now (27 years later)!

D

Deleted Member 1156

When you get your hair cut every 6 weeks and you go into lockdown 5 weeks after your last cut. I now look like a Top Gear presenter o_O

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I know. But I'm due to go offshore for 6 to 8 weeks from the morning of 1st June, which means that I'll be leaving it in the hands of Mrs Colch, who is meant to be isolating due to being high risk. Have found one possible replacement so fingers crossed we can sort it before I have to go away.

Any car clubs your way as an interim solution? Not ideal in the circumstances but possibly better than a forced decision.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today's ridiculous Doom and Gloom story on the BBC. Apparently the latest disaster is that arrivals into UK airports is down 99% on April last year. Guessing that last year though, there were not national and global travel bans and I am actually more surprised that it is only down 99%.

These stories really are ridiculous.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only 2 out of 4 of my kids going back to school next week.

And one of them not going back, is the one that needs the structure and environment the most!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ridiculous amount of "what if" questions about Track and Trace. The system has been in place for infectious diseases for a long time and has been scaled up for Covid-19.

Most of us will be unaffacted but if you get contacted from the NHS about contact with someone who's tested positive then listen to what is required and follow the instructions.

So much drama about it and people fretting about what will happen, how scammers might benefit etc etc.

Let's get it working before we condemn it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And the BBC again (not aiming just at the BBC just happens to be the website open on my computer at work)

Headline is Cummings guilty of lockdown breach, read the story and the police state that the trip to Durham was not a breach and the day trip out was perhaps a minor breach not worthy of a fine.

Again, not making a point on Cummings, guilty or not or anything other than the story being almost at total odds to the headline