Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's awful, I have been literally gagging to go swimming, a mate has been pushing me to come and do some wild river swimming. I have always said no, I don't want to be 'that guy' that gets into trouble and needs rescuing (or worse). I finally got my first swim this morning!! At a proper swimming lake, with pre-booked social distanced limited numbers, but also lifeguards on kayaks.

It was great and well worth waiting for!!

View attachment 30885View attachment 30886

Not got an issue with that at all and the water looks so inviting. Done properly and with the relative protection in place there is no reason why people shouldn't enjoy the water but after countless messages asking for people not to go to certain resorts, messages there warning of the dangers and that there was no rescue service in close proximity and deciding they know best is just daft. Even worse when they then try and blame the RNLI for not providing a service

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
my daughter changing music on the Alexa in the kitchen and also changing it in the living room as she "talks" so bloody loudly
You can change the name for each 'Alexa'. I used to have the same problem, annoyed me greatly. Now the one in the living room is Alexa, the one in the kitchen is Echo (you are given the options, you can not set your own name) Talking to one does not trigger the other now.

You may know the above but we only found out a few months ago when visiting a relative. I've only had one for about 3 years :rolleyes:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You can change the name for each 'Alexa'. I used to have the same problem, annoyed me greatly. Now the one in the living room is Alexa, the one in the kitchen is Echo (you are given the options, you can not set your own name) Talking to one does not trigger the other now.

You may know the above but we only found out a few months ago when visiting a relative. I've only had one for about 3 years :rolleyes:

I never knew that - thanks for the info. now I need to think of some inappropriate names for them!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Opened patio doors. They are now stuck partly open due to all the muck on the runner I think. Had to cancel golf:mad: Being looked at later by son-in-law who hopefully can get it back into place.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
you out and about looking or just looking online still?

were deliberating whether to do so currently (and getting fed up of rightmove, clever photos and agents who flat out lie)

Had a drive out the weekend to the areas we liked, you're right some of the pics online are very misleading. Hopefully people will start selling again and I don't end up looking at the same ones over and over again.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
the sad thing is its not that different from sunday schedules nowadays anyway :(

but youre right no doubt they will use it to stretch it even further going forward

We can't be far off from the football equivalent of Netflix where you can watch what you like, including the traditional 3pm blackout. The lower leagues will be screwed even more.