Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Not necessarily so, as we don’t yet know whether or not that variant is very transmissable in the UK nor do we know the effectiveness of existing vaccines against it. Once we have the data for all of that we’ll make sure we follow it. What do you mean that could well be just a little late. Oooh - shut that barn door ?

Meanwhile as some holler, sing, hug and kiss each other at a football match, can I give my mother in law and son a hug when we meet up today - having not done so for over a year?...sorry - not allowed. Can I sing in church today in a huge sanctuary space with doors and windows open and a draught coursing through...nope...not allowed.

Sorry, H, I was being sarcastic ?. I'm not the best at these emoji thingys
( I thought the phrase " don't you know " conveyed it).
I agree with you about the behaviour you described. And I happen to think that similar behaviour plus non takeup of the vaccine is the bigger danger.

NearHull

Visit site
Golf shoes. My last three pairs of Footjoys have all split where the sole meets the upper leather section. This is not the irritation as the shoes are usually a good few years old and have had a lot of use. The irritation is why is it always the left shoe.
I have the same issue, really like the shoes but they all seem to have that upper/soul separation problem

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I could have actually picked one up in store not long ago. At least half a dozen in the middle aisle

Really? The website always says it’s not available in store, it weighs 75KG and is a two man job to lift it!

Edit* A happy update...after GB72 post I checked the website again and it said “only 5 left”! So I clicked “buy” straight away, it said I had 30 minutes to pay so I wonder if a lot of people actually put it in the basket this morning but never actually completed the transaction?

Anyway had a confirmation email so looks like I might have snagged one!?

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rubbish tip jobsworths

Not the decent guys you normally get

Could have done the last of the garage rubbish in 2-3 runs of the car

But my mate said take his van .. do it in one. Save time

Ofc get a jobsworth dont you

Trying to not let us in... Claimed the lighting looks like it come from a buisness

I politely showed him photos of it on my garage roof. And pointed out the boxes for the new lights that had my address on... (Matching my Id)

Put a warning on his number plate and gave us letter what can and can't come in

Then let us dump it all anyways

What a waste of 10 mins

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Really fancied pecan pie with ice cream so ordered some on Deliveroo.
Waited for an hour only to open the bag and we’ve got a white chocolate cookie, strawberry waffle and a Oreo waffle!
I am not happy

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really fancied pecan pie with ice cream so ordered some on Deliveroo.
Waited for an hour only to open the bag and we’ve got a white chocolate cookie, strawberry waffle and a Oreo waffle!
I am not happy
That’s a disaster .. Sarah Lee used to do a frozen pecan pie .. which was delicious!
The swedes have educated me on cinnamon rolls /buns or Fika as they call them .. suggest you go to Gothenburg when it all gets back to normal and treat yourself to a Fika experience!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
"Travellers" on the Tesco carpark this morning. Made click and collect a bit more time consuming but my irritation is the issues it's causing the poor staff who work there.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm coming out of a petrol station and a motorcyclist decides to come in the wrong way via the clearly marked one way system. It's a local garage, he would have known what he was doing, but he gives me abuse and gestures because I pointed this out :mad:. What really irritated was that my wife was in the car so I was unable to return fire :LOL:.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm coming out of a petrol station and a motorcyclist decides to come in the wrong way via the clearly marked one way system. It's a local garage, he would have known what he was doing, but he gives me abuse and gestures because I pointed this out :mad:. What really irritated was that my wife was in the car so I was unable to return fire :LOL:.
Happens to me all the time - get abuse for pointing out other drivers delusions of adequacy....
Most common is overtaking on a roundabout and then sitting at 30 behind the 4 cars, 3 lorries and a bus that we sitting behind...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is your wife particularly reserved or something? Mine would have been shouting over me to give him what for. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is your wife particularly reserved or something? Mine would have been shouting over me to give him what for. :LOL:
She is worried, understandably, about road rage and being chased, attacked etc. She is right, you need to be the bigger person at that moment but I fail I'm afraid. Had he held his hands up in apology, he had been caught so fess up, then I would have nodded and moved on. The fact that he got abusive for his illegal move is too much for me. I like your wife :LOL:(y)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I would suggest that the motorcyclist was most at risk, they usually come off worst in a collision and he may have just made a mistake (something we all do at times) pulling in the wrong way. Just because the garage is local he might not be!