Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
So just say sorry but no can do. Charities have been absolutely clobbered by the pandemic...and with fundraising events still uncertain they have to try and raise money some way.

One off donations are great but what charities need is committed giving as that enables them to plan and budget ahead. No donations, no charity - and in many cases some very big holes in services and support provision to be filled by government or NHS. And that’s the truth of it.

Maybe re Covid. However, I recall a national charity descended on my street several years ago. I saw a number of young people all together emerge from a vehicle and spread out to various houses, and proceed to go from door to door. And this at night when dark.
One came to mine, expecting to me to give bank details!.
Lord knows what apprehension they gave to ladies and old folks living alone getting such callers at night.
These days, how are people to react to what may be taken for imposters.
Clearly the charity didn't care about these matters..
With so much scamming about these days, such tactics should not be permitted.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trust me..it would be carnage.
And the amount of money needed to retrain the millions who can't cope with Merge in Turn without getting irate would equal the GDP of Australia

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And the amount of money needed to retrain the millions who can't cope with Merge in Turn without getting irate would equal the GDP of Australia

Like they would retrain anyone

Just like when the highway code changes

Drivers responsibility to keep up with it

But then we trust people far too much

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This obsession with putting paper under your food. Ordered a sandwich at the club earlier, it arrived on a plate but with a piece of paper in between - are they trying to save washing the plate? Tonight we ordered from a local dessert lounge, cake comes in a box, but there's a bit of paper sitting on the bottom inside the box, which slides around making it harder to eat the cake. Why??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Like turning right when driving in Melbourne city centre...as in...I have to stop there!? In the middle of the junction?

We have a left turn filter at on local main junction. Regularly misunderstood or misused by some drivers who will either unexpectedly stop...and the driver following spots too late and crump! or use it to undertake cars going straight on before cutting in to or in front of the cars in the right hand straight on lane...

Used correctly it works well as it is a very busy junction.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But the surge in cases will be caused by the Indian variant, don't you know!
Not necessarily so, as we don’t yet know whether or not that variant is very transmissable in the UK nor do we know the effectiveness of existing vaccines against it. Once we have the data for all of that we’ll make sure we follow it. What do you mean that could well be just a little late. Oooh - shut that barn door ?

Meanwhile as some holler, sing, hug and kiss each other at a football match, can I give my mother in law and son a hug when we meet up today - having not done so for over a year?...sorry - not allowed. Can I sing in church today in a huge sanctuary space with doors and windows open and a draught coursing through...nope...not allowed.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not necessarily so, as we don’t yet know whether or not that variant is very transmissable in the UK nor do we know the effectiveness of existing vaccines against it. Once we have the data for all of that we’ll make sure we follow it. What do you mean that could well be just a little late. Oooh - shut that barn door ?

Meanwhile as some holler, sing, hug and kiss each other at a football match, can I give my mother in law and son a hug when we meet up today - having not done so for over a year?...sorry - not allowed. Can I sing in church today in a huge sanctuary space with doors and windows open and a draught coursing through...nope...not allowed.

I suppose since neither of your actions would contribute to the economy then it might stay banned for a while yet

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golf shoes. My last three pairs of Footjoys have all split where the sole meets the upper leather section. This is not the irritation as the shoes are usually a good few years old and have had a lot of use. The irritation is why is it always the left shoe.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tesco online shopping

When you have a product selected

It goes out of stock

Removes from order if you edit order but on day it's available as stock has been updated

Just leave it on there and say "unavailable" when I pick up the order pleAse

Save this dance we lead every week