Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, if people are moving with the times they will transfer money via their bank / phone app that will be with you same day, not two days later. It's how we pay all tradesmen now

Taking a picture has speeded up the cheque process massively, it is defintely a step forward. We have two customers, both a decent size, who still pay by cheque and it is undoutedly a feeble attempt to eek some more days before the money leaves them. The picture taking and uploading has limited this delaying tactic even further.

It's how I paid for the loft extension .. 45 grands worth of payments to the builder in traceable bank transfers

Also kept to a good payment plan so that never paid for too much ahead of the actual work done at the time

Ended up chasing him for the final bill for the extras we had done...he wasn't worried

D

Deleted member 1147

So a small business owner would write a person cheque from his buisness account for a none buisness expense?

Sounds a bit dodgy ...

But hey.. whatever floats your boat
Regular as clockwork. It either gets posted to drawings or the directors loan account, depending on whether it’s an incorporated business or not.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The doctor signed her off as fit to leave at 9am. The rest of the time was waiting for medication from the pharmacy. Finally left at five past five. Just in time to hit rush hour.

Top tip. NEVER leave the bed in which you are in UNTIL the pharma drugs are brought up to you. That don't half speed them up!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So irritated and dismayed by a couple of performances today that I have written to my representative venting my spleen...

Meanwhile our dear mods here still have to work hard to keep things nice and calm as some argue and bicker about relative trivia...

D

Deleted Member 1156

The banks have done you a favour to allow you to still take cheques and speed it up to be fair

Anyone who's "with the times" will do a bank transfer ..

Money in your account within 2 hours .. much quicker
Depends very much on the bank, how the software is set up etc. It can still take a couple of days to get to the recipients account.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tradesmen ?
We are trying to get a quote for a complete re-render of our house, not a cheap job and you would think companies would welcome the work. But no! Had someone round 2 weeks ago to measure up and still hasn’t given us a quote. The second company said they would come round last Thursday evening, then Friday then last night and still no show. If you are too busy, just say and we can try someone else. Don’t waste our time and not turn up?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why the hell is a shandy charged at the same price as a pint?? It should cost the same as a half pint and a lemonade! Robbery.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why the hell is a shandy charged at the same price as a pint?? It should cost the same as a half pint and a lemonade! Robbery.

Having worked in pubs in my youth from bars, freehouses and a spoons I would charge for half a pint and half a lemonade.

Lemonade syrup is expensive the box its kept in and the peripheries, sometimes it could be cheaper to be charged for a full pint depending on the Syrup brand. If it’s straight out of a bottle then I’d certainly be questioning the price.

They could be doing you a favour charging you for a pint or not - depends on the price of the lemonade.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

buy a half pint and a lemonade instead.

reminds me of a conversation I overheard a few years ago.

Punter asked for a pint of snakebite, only to be told in a disapproving tone "we don't serve snakebite".

He said "ok, can I have a half of lager and a half of cider?"

"Certainly sir' says the barman.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having worked in pubs in my youth from bars, freehouses and a spoons I would charge for half a pint and half a lemonade.

Lemonade syrup is expensive the box its kept in and the peripheries, sometimes it could be cheaper to be charged for a full pint depending on the Syrup brand. If it’s straight out of a bottle then I’d certainly be questioning the price.

They could be doing you a favour charging you for a pint or not - depends on the price of the lemonade.
That's ridiculous, lemonade is always cheap. Don't think I've ever paid as much as £2.50 for a lemonade anywhere.