Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a text from EE giving me the chance to win FA Cup final tickets. Sorry but if there is a limited capacity at Wembley, those tickets need to be going to the fans of the clubs involved. I know, unrealistic bearing in mind that EE are a sponsor of Wembley but still, how good would the PR be for sponsors to hand their tickets to the clubs taking part if only a very limited number of fans are allowed in.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a nice little chat yesterday with our Peoples person over a problem I was having, I happened to mention that I'd spend and hour outside in the loading bay area tidying up, but you wouldn't know it and that it was the culture of the store to not give a hoot. I got a whatsup message later on that day on our group saying (with pictures), that this was how it was now going to be kept. You could have eaten your dinner off the floor and all the whole area had been swept and cleaned. Someone, well more than one person I'd imagine, have obviously been given the task of sorting the mess out. It must have taken all day !!!!! It's been like that for 12 months and one word from me and pooof, It's sorted.

I wish I was a boss and could have the power to get things done. Although, maybe if I mention all the other things that should be done............

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just had a text from EE giving me the chance to win FA Cup final tickets. Sorry but if there is a limited capacity at Wembley, those tickets need to be going to the fans of the clubs involved. I know, unrealistic bearing in mind that EE are a sponsor of Wembley but still, how good would the PR be for sponsors to hand their tickets to the clubs taking part if only a very limited number of fans are allowed in.

Because of the way the FA do the tickets, each club gets about 25% of the tickets, with the FA distributing the other 50%. Good to see the FA looking after the fans as usual by handing them out to corporates.

Whilst the League Cup is viewed as the lesser competition, it often has a better atmosphere at the final because there are far less hangers on.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The joys of the builders next door deciding first thing in the morning was a good time for the angle grinder :mad:

Tell me about it. In the year of working at home, next door had 16 weeks of loft extension, once that finished the one beyond them started a music studio in the garden that still has some way to go, next door the other side had a mancave built at the bottom of their garden, one a bit further along is now having a manacle & the last two mornings out front roofers have started with angle grinders before 8am. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Tell me about it. In the year of working at home, next door had 16 weeks of loft extension, once that finished the one beyond them started a music studio in the garden that still has some way to go, next door the other side had a manacle built at the bottom of their garden, one a bit further along is now having a manacle & the last two mornings out front roofers have started wirh angle grinders before 8am. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Manacles? Are they also planting pampas grass or is that a typo?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who go into Screwfix or Toolstation and don't have the part numbers before they go to the counter, then spend 10 minutes with the sales assistant while they try and work out what they want.
Oi, get your ? together before you go to the counter ?

That must be annoying for trade people!!!

I refuse to go in Screwfix without already ordering online so it's ready to collect

I'm not trade so I don't wnna hold up people who are actually working

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That must be annoying for trade people!!!

I refuse to go in Screwfix without already ordering online so it's ready to collect

I'm not trade so I don't wnna hold up people who are actually working

At my local counter its the trades people that are the worst for this.
Or if an item they usually buy has changed slightly they spend half an hour describing what it should look like ?.

Was in on Wednesday and a plumber was going off on one because the rolls of PTFE tape (£0.80 per roll) now had a blue lid when it "should be a white lid, its always been a white lid. Been buying it for years son..."

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At my local counter its the trades people that are the worst for this.
Or if an item they usually buy has changed slightly they spend half an hour describing what it should look like ?.

Was in on Wednesday and a plumber was going off on one because the rolls of PTFE tape (£0.80 per roll) now had a blue lid when it "should be a white lid, its always been a white lid. Been buying it for years son..."

Oh god lol

Sod that

We having the garage re roofed in the week, my mate got the job in the end after next door came to their senses

As it's him I don't mind ordering some of the stuff for him and storing them at mine

So got the new lighting system , and the 1000 gauge plastic to store the asbestos in

Screwfix next day delivery

Perfect

Didn't even need to leave the house

Just knock it off the bill mate lol

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tell me about it. In the year of working at home, next door had 16 weeks of loft extension, once that finished the one beyond them started a music studio in the garden that still has some way to go, next door the other side had a mancave built at the bottom of their garden, one a bit further along is now having a manacle & the last two mornings out front roofers have started wirh angle grinders before 8am. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Manacles? You lucky b-----d. I sometimes lie awake at night dreaming of being put in manacles.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Covering a European role for a Spanish colleague of mine for two weeks. So I now get allocated a whole bunch of calls on Monday because that is not a Bank Holiday for most of Europe. So much for the team competition being arranged for that morning I wanted to play in. :mad:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Covering a European role for a Spanish colleague of mine for two weeks. So I now get allocated a whole bunch of calls on Monday because that is not a Bank Holiday for most of Europe. So much for the team competition being arranged for that morning I wanted to play in. :mad:

Welcome to my world. I also Manage our business in Israel, so I get hounded on a Sunday too! Yay!