Proper bogged off.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today with a pal. A fourball got to tee 30 secs before us and after waiting two mins they teed off. No disrespect to three fellow fossils but even playing off yellows. None of them played below 20. Proven by one of the players knobbing his ball 30yd off his tee shot in which he them promptly played a provisional when you could see his 1st ball.
at no point did they attempt to let us through. Me head had gone before I even hit my first drive.
watching them park a buggy 30 yd in front of a green when putting on a par three. And then 40 yd in front of the next par three only wound me up more and more.
after nine holes and 11 points I was seething. I did cartwheels watching them shake hands on the 9th. By this time I had played rubbish but was loosening up. 10,11,and 12 got me 9 points. I finished the back nine with 20 points a. Lost a ball and a lipped out putt on 18 for a monster back nine.
i got back in the 19 th and was seething.
Why are some golfers so flippin selfish. On the back nine my PP put a ball in the semi rough and we waved through two seniors behind us. We lost five mins.
the last couple of weeks Tashyboy has been close to smashing the doors down and today's front nine was some of the most miserable golf I have played.
PP, disappeared in 19 th for 5 mins and came out of lavvy saying he bumped into a 4 handicap roofer who had redone his roof. Two week ago. 4 handicapper said " you should ring club house and they will come out and tell them to step aside".
Tashyboy is not a happy bunny tonight.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When people talk about BRS or alternative booking systems as being a negative for their club this is one, or THE main reason why it serves it's purpose so well, certainly on an individual basis, anyway.

Im guessing your club doesn't have such a system because if it did, you'd have checked the tee times and as a 2 ball, booked to go out just 8/9 minutes earlier, before the 4 ball was booked in?

Perhaps a separate discussion point but as per Homers post, yeah, Odvan says that you should have perhaps taken the first opportunity to politely ask to play through.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have asked on the first tee, if I could go out before them, it would be a reasonable assumption that a 2 ball would soon be well in front of a 4 ball. In fact if I had been in the 4 ball I would have offered you the chance to go first.

I would also support Odvan's comments about BRS, If I am going up for a bounce game I always check on line first and plan so I don't go out behind a 4 ball.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All about the BRS for me too.

Previous club was ideal, good members, 2 mins away but had loads of this all the time. They viewed BRS as Satan's work.

Wouldn't consider joining anywhere that doesn't have BRS or similar.

Really wish old place would see the light!

Tashyboy

Visit site
When people talk about BRS or alternative booking systems as being a negative for their club this is one, or THE main reason why it serves it's purpose so well, certainly on an individual basis, anyway.

Im guessing your club doesn't have such a system because if it did, you'd have checked the tee times and as a 2 ball, booked to go out just 8/9 minutes earlier, before the 4 ball was booked in?

Perhaps a separate discussion point but as per Homers post, yeah, Odvan says that you should have perhaps taken the first opportunity to politely ask to play through.

I did check and the club does have a internet booking system, and yup it is an excellent system. But, Originally we were a three ball but one of the lads dropped out because he is playing tomorrow with his bro, ( has an illness and cherishes his time playing time with him ) so initially it was not a problem. due to women's roll up. Seniors playing a comp v another club booking times were scarce.
we turned up at the first tee 8 mins before our tee off time. They turned up on the dot. The fourball playing before them were off the third green before they were stood on the third tee.

Back to to the booking system, it is a fantastic system, but as has happened before. I have booked tee times only to find on arrival at the club that a fourball has been booked in to go out before us.

bottom line is Tash won't be so quiet in future.

D

Deleted Member 1156

What has this got to do with BRS? It is purely and simply down to poor etiquette and/or inconsideration for others.

G

guest100718

What has this got to do with BRS? It is purely and simply down to poor etiquette and/or inconsideration for others.

If the group ahead has lost a lot of ground to the group ahead of them, then ask to play through.

Lambchops

Assistant Pro
Visit site

This without a doubt - the wife has started playing and is relatively slow as with all beginners so we often wave the group behind through if we are holding them up - just common good manners on the course

baylie

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
thank you for the information you give
very interesting information
smiley-emoticon.gif

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It was mentioned as one of the potential solutions to not being stuck behind a 4 ball, from the off, as the OP was 'fuming'.

OP then adds further info to say that they were a originally a 3 ball so wasn't a prob for them beforehand, until they had a drop out.

As most have said, speaking up on arrival at the first, was probably the right and only thing to do to avoid the 'fume'.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Oh help, you haven't got Illeism as well have you?;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I dont understand this? why didnt you ask them on the 1st if it was ok to go off in front as you were only a 2 ball?

What I would have done. If not successful I'd make sure we were right up their backsides - not aggressively mind - and having been held up for a couple of holes I'd have asked to play through as we would have priority on the course. As soon as they said no on the first tee they should expect that to happen.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I dont understand this? why didnt you ask them on the 1st if it was ok to go off in front as you were only a 2 ball?

Reason being was that a fourball was following a fourball so do i ask them both to play through. The first fourball never held us up So it never got to that.
but the fourball in front of us. What ruling states you can hit a second ball off the first tee just coz you hit a bad first drive, even though you can see your ball.
am not one for falling out with people on my own course but it won't happen again.

Tashyboy

Visit site
O joy of flippin joys, just had a look on club website to see how I went on in comp and won my division ( only me in it 😁) and was DQ under rule 6-6b.

now am proper sulking