Pro shop prices....

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning

Just wondering, does your pro have prices on items he's selling in the shop??

Ours doesn't seem to have prices on anything. And every time you see an item you may like you have to ask for the price, this process often makes me feel uneasy.

So I'm just wondering is this common practice?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Morning

Ours doesn't seem to have prices on anything. And every time you see an item you may like you have to ask for the price, this process often makes me feel uneasy.

Priced, and members get 10% below those prices.

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning

Not everything is priced at ours but I do believe those in the know will buy from their pro!
You're bound to get it cheaper if you ask your pro.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree - my pro is able to pretty much match any on-line prices.

most likely to be part of the foremost group as my pro shop is. Excellent service and can always at least match american or direct golf. Stuff is always priced up, and often has decent sales on clothing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
most likely to be part of the foremost group as my pro shop is. Excellent service and can always at least match american or direct golf. Stuff is always priced up, and often has decent sales on clothing.

Think he is part of that group - he is currently doing a 'shirt amnesty' - bring in any old shirt and get £10 of a new one. Essentially just a 25% off sale.

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The new stuff from Titleist at mine doesn't have prices on it, everything else does, the used stuff is covered in it. Mines is a Titleist fitting centre and I'm sure they aren't allowed to display prices or something like that. All stuff is still cheaper than AG, so I'm there most of the time now.

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
The new stuff from Titleist at mine doesn't have prices on it, everything else does, the used stuff is covered in it. Mines is a Titleist fitting centre and I'm sure they aren't allowed to display prices or something like that. All stuff is still cheaper than AG, so I'm there most of the time now.

Is it just Titleist clubs Paul? Any accessories or clothing with their logo on?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Unless there's some loophole for pro shops for members (not open to public) then it is against some law (cant recall which) to have stuff displayed for sale without prices

IIRC the max fine for repeat offenses was something crazy like £2,000 per item in extreme cases

Last edited:

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All items priced at our club. They will also price match or/and throw in some other stuff i.e balls.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe this is a NE thing as the old pro at my previous club did this, his replacement changed that straight away, and the shop at my current club doesn't have prices showing either. It puts me off and means I don't use them. I don't want the embarrassment of asking and say no afterwards. I really don't understand why they do it.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe this is a NE thing as the old pro at my previous club did this, his replacement changed that straight away, and the shop at my current club doesn't have prices showing either. It puts me off and means I don't use them. I don't want the embarrassment of asking and say no afterwards. I really don't understand why they do it.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel!

Interesting that a lot are saying it's illegal

I bought a top there for 45 quid and when I got home I checked the Nike site to see it selling at 35 quid! Luckily I haven't paid for it or taken the tags off yet so ill be asking him to match it!!

Function 18 actually have it for 25 quid but I'm not sure that the site is reputable enough to match against....

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

I bought a top there for 45 quid and when I got home I checked the Nike site to see it selling at 35 quid! Luckily I haven't paid for it or taken the tags off yet so ill be asking him to match it!!

Function 18 actually have it for 25 quid but I'm not sure that the site is reputable enough to match against....

function 18 is one of the leading online golf clothing retailers very reputable just started summer season sales which is why the reductions as AW15 collections due in soon

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

From my experience I would be expecting places that advertise price match to match any business not on ebay.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Its surprising to hear shops still flaunt the law this way (I think it comes under unfair trading)

If you think about it it's certainly no oversight or accident that the stuff isn't priced, which suggests to me that the Pro is up to some scheme that... well lets not go there! but its definitely not fair trading