Demo/Trial Clubs

rystaman

Visit site
I’ve seen some posts recently where people have had trials of demo clubs for like a week or so to take out onto the course, often by their local pro. While my club has a pro, it doesn’t have a stocked shop with any demo clubs.

I was just wondering if anyone had any other way of trialling clubs without paying full whack for them and hoping for the best...

I’m looking to change my irons and 3W this year but irons especially I want to full the interaction with the turf and hit off of grass with both short and long irons but can’t really see how to do this.

Based in the Midlands if this helps at all?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I’ve seen some posts recently where people have had trials of demo clubs for like a week or so to take out onto the course, often by their local pro. While my club has a pro, it doesn’t have a stocked shop with any demo clubs.

I was just wondering if anyone had any other way of trialling clubs without paying full whack for them and hoping for the best...

I’m looking to change my irons and 3W this year but irons especially I want to full the interaction with the turf and hit off of grass with both short and long irons but can’t really see how to do this.

Possibly not the ideal solution but Golfclubs4cash do a 30 day return on purchases.
Buy them, try them, if you don't like them send them back.
Costs you the return postage.
You don't always find newer stuff but it could you an idea...

Jason.H

Visit site

Check out other local course pro shops. Im sure they’ll let you trial an iron to use , maybe they will want to hold a deposit. I trialed a 3 different shafts on our course before buying irons. Just ask.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly not the ideal solution but Golfclubs4cash do a 30 day return on purchases.
Golfbidder similar but theirs is only 7 days. Enough to get a round or two in though.

rystaman

Visit site
That's an idea, I think I'd be concerned about skying the 3W and think maybe the irons might end up costing me a chunk

rystaman

Visit site
Check out other local course pro shops. Im sure they’ll let you trial an iron to use , maybe they will want to hold a deposit. I trialed a 3 different shafts on our course before buying irons. Just ask.
That's also a potential, I might send a few emails and ask around. Anywhere you know of in the Midlands at all?