No prices displayed in pro shop

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get all winning’s put on my bar card rather than the Pro Shop for 2 reasons.
Firstly, when buying you’ve got no bargaining power. All your money is in the pro shop and he knows you’ve got to spend it all in his shop. He’s got you over a barrel.
Secondly, if he goes belly up I doubt your money will still be in the client account. Desperate measures and all.
In my Intelligent Golf it says I have a balance of £25 - this is bar or pro shop I think, added together. But it's weird, when I tried to enter the twos for a comp the other day it said I couldn't because I had minus 12 in my pro shop account. Not really sure how that works. ? My app always shows it as one number, but at the club they're separated.

Rhinogs

Visit site
How would Trading Standards come into it?

No price : a pet hate but that is just poor marketing

Price increases: that happens all of the time, particularly right now. It's all about timing and you have dipped unlucky

Comp winnings: standard in a lot of clubs. Frustrating if the shop is poorly stocked but presumably the terms of the comp will state how the money can be used before you enter. It's a way of protecting the shop, keeping it going, presumably for the long term benefit of the members.

Ultimately, if you don't like the set up it is one to take up internally, via your committee, imo.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I must take issue with ther strange answer regarding price rises. Prices rise when the supply costs increase. This is stock and therefore nothing to do with supply or any other impact. But thank you for your other views.

Rhinogs

Visit site
Are people really that out out by a price not being displayed?

Personally, I couldn’t care. I’d just ask how much it is.
Thanks for responding. The issue I raised relates to member relations as much as seeking a broader perspective. Knowing what others paid and then being asked to pay 20% more I find a bit of an insult apart from the principle of doing so.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I must take issue with ther strange answer regarding price rises. Prices rise when the supply costs increase. This is stock and therefore nothing to do with supply or any other impact. But thank you for your other views.
I'm not sure why you view it as strange. You didn't mention that the stock was existing and not new but even so the price of stock on it's own isn't the only issue for pricing a product. Electricity prices have shot up, ours at work have trebled, fuel for the pro to get to work has shot up. He may have increased the assistants wages due to recent inflation. These items have to be factored in.

In essence, it still isn't unusual for pricing to increase, particularly right now when costs are going nuts.

You don't have to agree with this but it is something to ponder.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our club do this as well, apart from clubs and balls as far as I can see. Good thing is that they allow comp winnings to be spent in the bar and so that’s what I’ll be doing.

It’s just frustrating and just not how things are done in the normal world. You walk into any shop and the prices are on there. Always remember as a kid, if there was ever anything without a price on my dad saying ‘must be expensive then’ and just walking on.

Fair enough for those who don’t mind, but I’d say the vast majority would rather things were priced and wouldn’t bother asking if they weren’t.

Rhinogs

Visit site
I'm not sure why you view it as strange. You didn't mention that the stock was existing and not new but even so the price of stock on it's own isn't the only issue for pricing a product. Electricity prices have shot up, ours at work have trebled, fuel for the pro to get to work has shot up. He may have increased the assistants wages due to recent inflation. These items have to be factored in.

In essence, it still isn't unusual for pricing to increase, particularly right now when costs are going nuts.

You don't have to agree with this but it is something to ponder.
Thank you. However, it's not a case of me agreeing or even disagreeing. I understand a lot more from the replies to the thread with the most relevant and important being the fact that prices must be displayed. This is essentially the root of ther problem.

Rhinogs

Visit site
Thank you. However, it's not a case of me agreeing or even disagreeing. I understand a lot more from the replies to the thread with the most relevant and important being the fact that prices must be displayed. This is essentially the root of ther problem.
Moreover, I'd be surprised if this pro shop was responsible for many of the bills you list. It's part of the main building. As for the assistants wages, er, I doubt it.

Rhinogs

Visit site
In my Intelligent Golf it says I have a balance of £25 - this is bar or pro shop I think, added together. But it's weird, when I tried to enter the twos for a comp the other day it said I couldn't because I had minus 12 in my pro shop account. Not really sure how that works. ? My app always shows it as one number, but at the club they're separated.
Thanks for your comments.
Unfortunately, we are only allowed to use prize money of any kind in the pro shop.

Rhinogs

Visit site
That's very odd. Has anyone challenged him over this?[/QUOTE
To be honest, I really don’t know. I will probably raise it myself, but it is very difficult to have a normal conversation with our pro on any subject at any time. It’s not the friendliest of rooms to be in, so I’ll have to brace myself before I do.

Rhinogs

Visit site
Is your's a club that has a lot of visitors?
Perhaps you can't tell because of the lack of pricing, but would members normally be offered a discount?
Yes, lots of visitors and societies throughout the week. Members are not offered a discount and have always been flatly refused when asked.