Pro shop prices....

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anything you get from a club pro will either match or be cheaper than the big chains, unless they are moving stock on an old product.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As an ex-retailer I can confirm that you must clearly show the selling price inclusive of VAT, except when selling to businesses. Prices don’t have to be placed on individual goods, they could be shown on notices nearby, as long as it’s easy to see which items the price applies to.

If goods are sold by measure, the unit price must be shown, for example a kilo of apples, then prices must be shown in pounds sterling and the quantity in metric figures, for example, price per metre or per kilogram.

These rules do not apply to the sale of works of art or antiques or to goods supplied with services other than food in restaurants.

My Pro at Coventry Golf Club is excellent, everything is priced, sale items or discounted items are clearly marked so there's no confusion. He will get anything in for us and has done on a couple of occasions for me already and then always offered a discount. He's part of the TGI group.

http://tgigolf.com/

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As an ex-retailer I can confirm that you must clearly show the selling price inclusive of VAT, except when selling to businesses. Prices don’t have to be placed on individual goods, they could be shown on notices nearby, as long as it’s easy to see which items the price applies to.

If goods are sold by measure, the unit price must be shown, for example a kilo of apples, then prices must be shown in pounds sterling and the quantity in metric figures, for example, price per metre or per kilogram.

These rules do not apply to the sale of works of art or antiques or to goods supplied with services other than food in restaurants.

My Pro at Coventry Golf Club is excellent, everything is priced, sale items or discounted items are clearly marked so there's no confusion. He will get anything in for us and has done on a couple of occasions for me already and then always offered a discount. He's part of the TGI group.

http://tgigolf.com/

I just can't believe the law is being so blatantly disregarded.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lucky you, I think our Pro-shop works on a 25% strategy as in if its supplied by them then it gotta be worth 25% more than anywhere else !...:rolleyes:

Think mines the same......!!!

All prices clearly marked......:thup:

Unfortunately at the top end of RRP ( or above ) .......!! :angry:

Tried to pull a right fast one last summer, no longer gets any of my business.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Think mines the same......!!!

All prices clearly marked......:thup:

Unfortunately at the top end of RRP ( or above ) .......!! :angry:

Tried to pull a right fast one last summer, no longer gets any of my business.

Yeah I know what you mean, ours has clubs in stock priced at £650-700 that retail for £499 elsewhere and their answer is because they don't sell vast quantities they need to cover their over heads which is a load of bull cos the club manager runs the pro shop and the overheads are at a bare minimum !...

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours is priced and he'll price match Direct Golf, American Golf and Clubhouse Golf. I bought my Driver and fairway from him last Autumn and his offer price was cheaper than the big boys at the time. He's got an offer on last gen Pro V1's which seems to be in line with the bigger retailers too.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
No prices in my shop either, oh hang on...:D
I don't buy anything substantial from there, some of the clubs have price stickers but they're all top end so I never even bother asking about anything else.
Shame as he has some really nice gear but I just don't have much faith that I'm going to get a good deal.