Pro lessons

D

Deleted member 23270

Because they’re trying to hit it 280 yards into the middle of the fairway.
Exactly. If I want to hit it 200 yards down the fairway I would be using a 4 iron and with that club in my hand I'd expect to hit the fairway over 90% of the time which by my definition makes it an easy shot.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That is a fantastic article, thanks for sharing ?

It's often overlooked by pushy parents trying to turn their child into the next Tiger Woods. By the time the kid gets to 18 he/she has lost interest.
But it can happen in adults too, they want something so badly, when it doesn't happen they lose interest and give up.
Little targets, baby steps and a gradual progress is better.

I admire the OP's determination to get to scratch but playing every day and hundreds of lessons is the quickest way to losing interest before you even get to Cat I never mind scratch.
If I was the OP I would make sure he's not swaying too much, that will improve his consistency and just focus on hitting good straight shots

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
To me scratch is achievable. I play 7 days a week as long as it’s dry. Working with a pro 2 days a week. I have more time to put into golf than the average person.
It is funny the only people who say it’s unrealistic is the people who don’t know me. Both the pro and +2 handicap i play with both have said scratch isn’t that hard to get to it’s just being consistent. Yesterday I missed 1 fairway, I hit all 4 greens on the par 3s. My chipping is my strongest part of my game. Think I just need to get more consistent off the tee and brush up on my putting and I’m not far away. Wish I could get a bet with a few on this forum as there’s not a doubt in my mind I’ll get to scratch it’s just a matter of when.
I’ll give you a bet, I’m off scratch. I’ll play Lochgreen with you and I’ll guarantee you ain’t within 10 shots and in reality it will probably be more

G1z1

Visit site
I’ll give you a bet, I’m off scratch. I’ll play Lochgreen with you and I’ll guarantee you ain’t within 10 shots and in reality it will probably be more
I’ll take that on darnley Colin struggled with giving me 10 round there unless your much better than colin ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ll take that on darnley Colin struggled with giving me 10 round there unless your much better than colin ?
I know Colin and I just shot 66 round darley today. I have beaten Colin in the club championship the only time I played him so that doesn’t have any bearing on me

G1z1

Visit site
Also please don’t put folks names not involved on a public forum it’s bad etiquette imo
It’s a first name could literally be talking about anyone. When you want a game ive not played that course since winter ill get down next week and have one game then we will play ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Would have to be at a weekend probably a Sunday as I play a team game on a Thursday night and usually a comp on a Saturday. Not available the next 2 sundays as my wife is working. We can post the results here ! Off the white tees remember

G1z1

Visit site
Would have to be at a weekend probably a Sunday as I play a team game on a Thursday night and usually a comp on a Saturday. Not available the next 2 sundays as my wife is working. We can post the results here ! Off the white tees remember
Just let me know and no I’m used to the yellows you need to give me somthing 10 shots and off the yellows just because that’s what I’ve used to playing off down there. Colin would give me 12 shots but I’ll take 10 from you

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I never play from yellow tees figure I’m aswell playing from the tees I play comps on all the time why wouldn’t you unless rules disallowed it

G1z1

Visit site
No no competition golf is played from the medal tees I don’t play from the ladies tees

Funny how your a big mouth and just want every possible advantage against a golfer who’s only played 18 months ? if you want to play it’s 10 shots and off the yellows and by the sounds of it the womans tees would suit you good

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
And I also only made the bet that you wouldn’t get within 10 shots though I actually think it will be lots more. It’s not a match play situation why would I be giving you shots ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Funny how your a big mouth and just want every possible advantage against a golfer who’s only played 18 months ? if you want to play it’s 10 shots and off the yellows and by the sounds of it the womans tees would suit you good
You are the guy that says you want to play to scratch ? You ain’t going to get to scratch playing off the yellows unless I’m missing something? I wouldn’t play you to prove anything to me though more so maybe just to give you a slight reality check

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Grow up.