Pro lessons

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It's not too often I laugh out loud when reading posts from this forum. "I want to be a scratch player" but I'll only play you off the yellows is one of them

No different to the amount of crying seen on the other thread about white v yellow tees. Such tales of woe about how unfair life is that people don’t get enough shots of the back tees.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not sure the argument about the WHS allowing us to play on a level playing field from different tees really rings true, if I’m honest.

Pretty much every course I play off my current H.I rewards me with the same course handicap whether I play from the yellows or medal tees, regardless of the fact that they are invariably far more challenging from the latter.

Unless I’m missing your point?

My point is he doesn't have to play the tips if not comfortable yet

He says his official is 24.. now I'm official what 21 something .. I play our tips, whites or yellows I don't mind but preffer the whites (middle set)

If he got to a comfortable 11 from general play off the yellows and then felt right I can move up and fine tune the game a bit

Rather than beat himself up all the time and lose love for the game?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
3 different people on this forum have pm me recently to all basically say this forum is bad with jealous people who hunt in packs and that I’m not liked on this forum because I’m young to most, retired play golf everyday and buy clubs when I want and join multiple clubs. Are they all wrong ? I think not and I hope they speak up but I understand some don’t like confrontation.

And they are not wrong. There is an old guard as I’m sure they like to think of themselves. You get the same in most golf clubs. They think they are the establishment and don’t like their opinions questioning.

You can easily spot them on here as they like each other’s posts and will pretty quickly back each

D

Deleted member 3432

I’m not sure the argument about the WHS allowing us to play on a level playing field from different tees really rings true, if I’m honest.

Pretty much every course I play off my current H.I rewards me with the same course handicap whether I play from the yellows or medal tees, regardless of the fact that they are invariably far more challenging from the latter.

Unless I’m missing your point?

Don't forget plus handicaps can go the other way, eg plus 4 off comp tees but plus 3 off yellows...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
1- course management when playing off the blocks will no doubt add shots, this will require lay ups and completely change the dynamic of your score card where “ 18 pars” is a big ask.
2- the skill in managing slow rounds,
3- to not drown in a puddle of your own sweat when the card is going and left with a slippery down hill 3ft’er that’s running 11 on the stimp.
4- playing in the rain

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
And they are not wrong. There is an old guard as I’m sure they like to think of themselves. You get the same in most golf clubs. They think they are the establishment and don’t like their opinions questioning.

You can easily spot them on here as they like each other’s posts and will pretty quickly back each

I’ll “like” a post if I agree with the content - it has zip to do with who wrote it. I’m quite sure the majority here know their own minds as well.

Jason.H

Visit site
Clearly he,s not entered comps to show a true handicap. Someone play with the guy off the back tees, mark a card and we will know where he,s at. There’s no need for matchplay scenarios.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

What a load of ?

D

Deleted member 15344

He does have a point. There is a definite clique on here.
There isn’t a “clique”

There are people who know each other and have played golf together through meets and still arrange games etc

There will be some that stick up for each other but they will also welcome anyone for a game of golf

But there are also those that just post for a reaction from others

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
There isn’t a “clique”

There are people who know each other and have played golf together through meets and still arrange games etc

There will be some that stick up for each other but they will also welcome anyone for a game of golf

But there are also those that just post for a reaction from others
Tbf idc and the irony of your last statement is priceless.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally the "tips-gate" saga is too much in the old school of thinking

We have a whs now. Can play any course and the boffins in the system will convert the handicap back to reflect.

The op may not want to play the tips just yet. Maybe he wants to master off the yellows and move up. Don't see any harm at all

It's still a nice offer from PAG but don't see why he should play off the tips just because. Sure he chasing scratch but get to single figures first then fine tune

Play off whatever he wants and just enjoy watching a scratch golfer play

I can name many of my local courses where there WHS/Slope system does not adjust the difficulty rating and shots correctly given the change in the course set up between the whites and yellows, yes it doesn’t effect every whole but on my current course It’s definitely over 50%. This will then add pressure to other parts of my game that would not be required as much during yellow tee rounds.

If the tees have no baring through WHS, why not peg it up on the reds and master the game from them?

The good thing with our great game is that we get to play it as we see fit….. and the good thing with a forum is differences in opinions and advice that can be given and received.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The desire to be the best standard of golfer that you can be is an admirable one.
The notion that as an inexperienced golfer you know how to have a 2-year plan to achieve this goal is ill-judged.
You need a more fluid and adaptable plan as you progress.
5-days-a-week coaching is utter nonsense at your current level.
Coaching for technique once or twice a month. Lots and lots of competitive playing practice where you teach yourself and learn to score low is how it is done.
I wish you well.