Pro lessons

G1z1

Visit site
You are wanting to show the ability to play to scratch yet won’t play of the medal tees ?‍♂️
No wrong I don’t have the ability to play to scratch but it’s a goal I want to work to over a long period. I would just be interested to see how close I can get to him. I played with a guy he knows who’s +2 he would give me 12 shots and sometimes I could give hit a run, never actually beat him but I could stay close to him sometimes and that was 6 months ago. So I am interested to see how close I could get with 10 shots but I’ve never played off the whites down there

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Grow up he’s calling the yellow tees woman’s tees
it’s a bit of tongue in cheek, I just never play yellow tees, what’s the point ? I’ve played and beaten guys slot better than the guy you know off plus 2 unless you think he’s the best player in Ayrshire? He would be first to admit he’s far from that and also scratch isn’t the best I’ve been moreover a reflection of the scores I’ve submitted over the last year which I’d say weren’t my best

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Moderator stepping in here
Let’s not let this develop into a slanging match.
@Gizi if you want to be taken seriously then the whites is what you need to play off.

You can of course play off the yellows while PAG plays off the whites, but then it’s not a fair contest unless you drop the number of strokes he gives you to, say, 8

But reiterate, let’s keep it nice please

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@Gizi if you want to be taken seriously then the whites is what you need to play off.

You can of course play off the yellows while PAG plays off the whites, but then it’s not a fair contest unless you drop the number of strokes he gives you to, say, 8

I'd say with the WHS they could play off diff tees and say within 10 shots of the score differentials? Make it a fair fight

D

Deleted member 15344

No wrong I don’t have the ability to play to scratch but it’s a goal I want to work to over a long period. I would just be interested to see how close I can get to him. I played with a guy he knows who’s +2 he would give me 12 shots and sometimes I could give hit a run, never actually beat him but I could stay close to him sometimes and that was 6 months ago. So I am interested to see how close I could get with 10 shots but I’ve never played off the whites down there

If it is a goal then you need to test your ability’s and step up to the main course

You have highlighted your “HC” and mentioned a number of times what you have scored etc - but you need to do it “properly” That means playing of the medal tees under competition conditions - until then it’s just social golf

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A tracked “handicap” of 11 is easily good enough to be playing from medal tees. Anyone who claims they “only” need to gain a little more consistency from the tee and brush up on their putting to be a scratch golfer should be able to put their money where their mouth is and play off any tee.

D

Deleted member 1147

I love the idea that billy bulls hitter is scared of playing off the whites. Yet claims to play to 11.
I played with a 22 handicapper today who didn’t cut & run at the thought of an extra few hundred yards.

How far is the white course?

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I love the idea that billy bulls hitter is scared of playing off the whites. Yet claims to play to 11.
I played with a 22 handicapper today who didn’t cut & run at the thought of an extra few hundred yards.

How far is the white course?

Lochgreen is pretty long. Someone told me it has the longest starting stretch in the UK. Not sure if that's true or not but it is a lengthy walk of you're rubbish ?.

D

Deleted member 1147

Lochgreen is pretty long. Someone told me it has the longest starting stretch in the UK. Not sure if that's true or not but it is a lengthy walk of you're rubbish ?.
That’s ok then, 11 isn’t rubbish?

D

Deleted member 23270

It feels longer than that, but off the whites it should be manageable for the better players.
Incidentally Lochgreen was the course Jack Nicklaus qualified for his first Open on. It's a cracking little (or big) course for a municipal.
Indeed, played it a couple of times. After I posted the link I noticed it's par 74 so even more manageable for our wannabee scratch golfer (y)

Maybe he should come to my course, 250 yards shorter but only par 70 :oops:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Said for years it’d be a great par 72, it has an sss of 73 though I think the whs it works out at 72.7 or something. Couple of the par 5’s should / could be made into long 4’s. it’s a municipal though and obviously the council are reluctant to spend money to revamp something they view as not really necessary

Leftitshort

Visit site
Indeed, played it a couple of times. After I posted the link I noticed it's par 74 so even more manageable for our wannabee scratch golfer (y)

Maybe he should come to my course, 250 yards shorter but only par 70 :oops:
It’s a par 74 with a slope index of 129. Basically pitch & putt ?

G1z1

Visit site

No that’s a rubbish idea. It should be no shots for me and I play off the whites he plays off the ladies and I will only play with a putter,7iron and a driver and I’ll even play with a eye patch just for fun. I bet a lot on here would like it stacked like that.

The guy who wants a game had one sole reason by his comment and that was to try and embarrass me and I don’t know how. I should not be beating a scratch golfer with 10 shots the now so its only him that could get shown up if I had an amazing game and he had a bad one.
If he was a decent guy he would of said look your phone has you at 12 I’ll give u 12 shots and let’s see how u get on and not even mentioned the tees but he obviously wants every little advantage on his side possible and would love nothing more to beat me and run on the forum and shout I’ve beat a 24 handicap and he will never get to scratch ? but funny thing is people that act like this. Just show themselves up for who they really are. Negative people are so unhappy in life.

3 different people on this forum have pm me recently to all basically say this forum is bad with jealous people who hunt in packs and that I’m not liked on this forum because I’m young to most, retired play golf everyday and buy clubs when I want and join multiple clubs. Are they all wrong ? I think not and I hope they speak up but I understand some don’t like confrontation.

I’ll be watching the thread now without replying but know each sarcastic reply with the jealousy bursting out of you lot gives me great pleasure ?