Pro lessons

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m not 100% sure think when I joined guy giving me interview said they have main comp once a month and weekly medals. Might be wrong but so I’ll ask on Monday, I’m not even sure how to enter a comp.

it’s a simple process, but different clubs run them in different ways so wait to hear from your club.

You’ll get to play with people you don’t know from all different walks of life, it’s one of golfs attractions for me.

Oh, and have a bit of a brush up on the basic rules, they don’t all follow “common sense” logic. It would be a shame to ruin a good round by getting a DQ for something simple.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
And therein lies a conundrum. If you are not playing in competitions, putting in cards and maintaining a handicap, all those things attracting a significant degree of pressure, many would argue that you are not genuinely playing to scratch.

EDIT: To illustrate my point, my best knock around ours is two over gross, a score I have returned a number of times. But I have never done that with a card in my hand, never done it at another course, and never come close to a 2 handicap. Did I ever consider myself a 2 handicap because I can play to that level either socially or on my own? Not a chance.

Although many golfers build playing their weekly club comp up to be some big event in their head. Not everyone poops themselves when they have ‘a card in their hand’.

I don’t play in many comps, because they aren’t at times that I can play. But when I do there is literally no difference in how I feel about the game. It’s still just hitting one shot after another.
The pressure does ramp up if you are playing well and on for a good score. But that is the same regardless of playing in a comp or not.

D

Deleted member 23270

So why do most players struggle to do just that?
Dunno, you have all the answers so maybe you can enlighten me? Someone trying to get to scratch shouldn't have an issue. If they can't then they are deluded about their ability.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Dunno, you have all the answers so maybe you can enlighten me? Someone trying to get to scratch shouldn't have an issue. If they can't then they are deluded about their ability.

? You made the statement it was easy to hit a 200 yard shot onto a fairway. It’s not, even for a scratch player.