Presentation Nights

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,
just a quick question on how your clubs run/hold their presentation evenings. We have an evening where hopefully all trophy winners turn up to receive their trophies.
We also have a smal group playing music, while the winners all fill their cups and enjoy a few beers.

It has to be said, that the last few years haven't been well attended, but I was looking some views from you guys to see how we could change things.
Any ideas would be great!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
One of my clubs just have a texas scramble in the afternoon followed by the presentations,very low key and many who play in the scramble head off after it,a shame in my opinion that they do not try and make an evening of it and get some needed revenue spent over the bar.

The other one do have a full evening of it,meal,drink,band etc and it is mixed (although only the Gents get presented) and it is always a superb night.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
we have one night a month (excluding captains & presidents) all the months comps prizes are given out that night, normaly a good few turn up , our club sec rings prizewinners & asks them to come as a mark of respect to the sponsors , there are photos taken & they go on the notice board & on the website (sometimes) ,

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours is on a Sunday (Would prefer a Saturday) at least you could have a few drinks,or at least the lucky winners could,Start at 6pm with the juniors,followed by the ladies section,then followed by the mixed,finishing with the mens,cheap bar prices and well attended.............

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
ours is nov 12, it is for all the winners to hopefully attend and all the years prizes to be given.
was well attended last year, hopefully this year too. We have a table booked, meal, drinks and music after, if it is same as last year.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have an annual one in December. Give out the prizes, then draw the pros Christmas raffle and the main club one. Usually very well attended and at least I got to pick something up last year thanks to my glorious Jubilee Cup with courtesy of HTL and his bandit tendancies

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We have a winter and summer presentation evening. usually after a big competition, so there are a few in the bar. Only time I won anything, mens winter foursomes, they brough the presentation forward twenty minutes and my partner missed it. Shame as he had played all the golf to win it.:D

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Our whole social scene is built around our major finals over the summer. We have 6 presentations, one every 4/5 weeks from April to October. The comp final is on the day. Prizes for 1,2,b/g,3,4 for both final and subsidiary comp. Evening is a dine in followed by presentation at 10pm. Most are very well attended with around 60-80 dining and maybe 100-150 attending altogether. Disco and late bar to finish and a good night had by all.
The reason the prize winners tend to turn up is mainly because it's a crackin' night out and just an extention of what for them has been a good day anyway. We get the odd cry off but very much in the minority or for genuine reasons.