Playing from the wrong tee - what would you do?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No and yes!

Happened to me many years ago at an Open event in Chichester. I teed off between a light-coloured sprinkler head and one of the markers, and just as in the OP, my fellow competitor let me do it before instantly telling me.

The outcome?

1) I was so angry I actually played out of my skin for the remaining 10 holes and won the handicap event

2) There was zero conversation between the two of us for the remaining two and a half hours

3) We did not share pleasantries in the bar afterwards

Still rankles 20 years down the line :angry:

Would never have guessed that Jezz...😂
Have you ever played with Fergus again..?😙

U

User62651

Terrible form by pp imo to let someone do it knowingly but this is golf and we know every club has a fair proportion of ne'er-do-wells.

I've done this myself 2x, once teed off on 3rd from yellows by mistake, guy in group behind told me after the round not before when passing on adjacent fairways etc, NRd immediately after a gross 72 as well. Think he enjoyed ruining my day!

Next time on a 9 holer with different tees I went off the wrong tee but was informed by pp before I played next shot so was able to re-tee it under penalty, both of us missed it stupidly so no blame apportioned except to me, another good score that day that could've been 2 better.

Such a waste but hey ho all my fault on both occasions so you've just got to concentrate on such things.

Still remember both very clearly.