Planning - Permitted Develpment

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
In a past life I dabbled in selling conservatories, never had any problem shifting any of the display models when they needed to be taken out/replaced etc

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Facebook marketplace is the place for this sort of thing. Especially if priced properly.
Was thinking that but got absolutely no idea how much to price it at. As good condition and fully-blinded, I was thinking £500 as starting point with purchaser to take down and remove. But that figure is simply a finger in the air number based upon nothing whatsoever.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was thinking that but got absolutely no idea how much to price it at. As good condition and fully-blinded, I was thinking £500 as starting point with purchaser to take down and remove. But that figure is simply a finger in the air number based upon nothing whatsoever.
Go onto EBay and search for conservatory - but check the box for sold items in Advanced Search - this gives an idea on what people are prepared to pay. I’d say £500 is toppy if they have to remove at their risk and expense.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

The folk west of the A31 will want to see "free to collect!" No harm in a punt to start with, you can always reduce.

Most stuff like this goes very cheap, as it's seen as saving you getting rid yourself

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The folk west of the A31 will want to see "free to collect!" No harm in a punt to start with, you can always reduce.

Most stuff like this goes very cheap, as it's seen as saving you getting rid yourself
I have little doubt that £500 is going to be tops. We're a few hundred yards west of the A31 - does that count as free to collect :) ? I'll have a bit more of a research but in truth if it saves me the cost of the builder taking it down and disposing of it then that's a few hours time...and builders time is £££ as well as the dumping charge.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have little doubt that £500 is going to be tops. We're a few hundred yards west of the A31 - does that count as free to collect :) ? I'll have a bit more of a research but in truth if it saves me the cost of the builder taking it down and disposing of it then that's a few hours time...and builders time is £££ as well as the dumping charge.
I'd be surprised if you get more than £250 for it especially if buyer has to dismantle.
Just curious, what type of blinds are fitted?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The conservatory across the back of my house is 20 yrs old. Would I pay £500 for it and take it down as well?...No. It isn't worth anything, and if I wanted to get rid I would offer it for free.
20 yr old upvc wont ever look nice and the polycarb roof will be brittle now (as mine is).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd be surprised if you get more than £250 for it especially if buyer has to dismantle.
Sandersons manual Venetian blinds for windows and roof panels.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The conservatory across the back of my house is 20 yrs old. Would I pay £500 for it and take it down as well?...No. It isn't worth anything, and if I wanted to get rid I would offer it for free.
20 yr old upvc wont ever look nice and the polycarb roof will be brittle now (as mine is).
True. Ours is a glass roof and still looks ok, but I’m not expecting much…if anything in truth. We’ve had our use out of it, but only thought of selling when I thought of cost of builder removing it, plus escalating cost of everything and the lags between order and delivery of anything new building wise.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My main concern was how easy it would be for a buyer to dismantle it and then transport it to their own house. If it was put up well, it may not be so easy to dismantle it without damaging something - which could be quite easy if the proper tools aren't used. If it did get damaged, would the buyer refuse to pay?
Too many variables in my book, just get it dismantled by the builders, I doubt it would add much to the cost as it wouldn't take that long with a big hammer or two :)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sandersons manual Venetian blinds for windows and roof panels.
Sandersons are the best on the market for blinds, especially the roof blinds.
I'm amazed at what some people buy 2nd hand.
When we had our kitchen replaced my daughter took photos and put them on Facebook. Sold for £250and the buyer didn't even come to look before buying. I was a bit concerned as most of the doors had the laminate peeling away. I helped him load it all into his van and he didn't even mention it. He also took the gas hob that was shoved in the skip. We said the igniter doesn't work, "It's OK I'll fix that" he said and went happily on his way.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sandersons are the best on the market for blinds, especially the roof blinds.
I'm amazed at what some people buy 2nd hand.
When we had our kitchen replaced my daughter took photos and put them on Facebook. Sold for £250and the buyer didn't even come to look before buying. I was a bit concerned as most of the doors had the laminate peeling away. I helped him load it all into his van and he didn't even mention it. He also took the gas hob that was shoved in the skip. We said the igniter doesn't work, "It's OK I'll fix that" he said and went happily on his way.
I would also add that anyone that shows interest would probably be proficient at DIY, as my kirchen buyer obviously is.
Worth a try in my book.
Good luck. ?