Patrick Reed

User20204

Visit site
There is a naivety in how people within golf believe it is pure white. It just does not stack up. It is a long way better than most sports but to think nothing ever happens is not credible.

You just need to spend 5 minutes reading this very forum. I've never come across so many whiter than white golfers in my life than on here. The very second anyone makes a reference to something that might be very very slightest transgression of the rules of golf, almost everyone to man on here is calling them a cheat.

There isn't a single person on this forum that hasn't incorrectly replaced their ball on the green, not a single one, cheat I say, everyone of you is a cheat :rolleyes:

I appreciate I'm repeating myself but if you are going to cheat at golf there's no point in playing .

Look at that, right on que.

sunshine

Visit site
This is my take on this.
Reed looked at his lie and thought” I have no chance of keeping that on the green.”
So move a little sand in increments gives me a chance of at least Fringe.
That’s what he got ..

I have always wondered how good these pros would be out of the bunkers I played on the local munis.
Now I know, it’s like a professional foul in football we all know it’s wrong
But Reed should have been DQd imo for deliberate cheating.

What is the difference between deliberate cheating and any other type of cheating? Surely all cheating is deliberate?

Swango1980

Visit site
You just need to spend 5 minutes reading this very forum. I've never come across so many whiter than white golfers in my life than on here. The very second anyone makes a reference to something that might be very very slightest transgression of the rules of golf, almost everyone to man on here is calling them a cheat.

There isn't a single person on this forum that hasn't incorrectly replaced their ball on the green, not a single one, cheat I say, everyone of you is a cheat :rolleyes:

Define incorrectly replace their ball on the green? I'm pretty sure I haven't, and I'd like to think the majority of people I've played with, or in this forum, haven't either.

Are you saying most people in here have DELIBERATELY done something that they have known to be against the rules, and therefore cheated?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
There isn't a single person on this forum that hasn't incorrectly replaced their ball on the green, not a single one, cheat I say, everyone of you is a cheat

That statement simply shows that you have no idea how the rules of golf work.

It might have been a pathetic attempt at humour, or simple ignorance. Only you know that.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

I certainly knowingly break any number of rules.
But I certainly don't cheat either.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's alright then.

Oh and to reply to HH1...I certainly deny your allegation(s)!

As for Reed's misdemeanour...I'm prepared to give him the benefit of doubt (again). I'm certain he knew cameras would have been on him, so no escape from at least penalty. But the instances of 'I didn't realise' are stacking up fairly rapidly!

FWIW, I'm no fan - except of his ability at golf!

Last edited:

User20204

Visit site

And isn't that the point I'm making.

If you knowingly break a number of rules by definition you're cheating. Now going back to the replacing of the ball on the green remark I made, I absolutely do not believe a single person on here or anywhere else if they tell me that on every single occasion they have replaced the ball in exactly the correct spot every time.

Swango1980

Visit site

If you knowingly break a number of rules by definition you're cheating. Now going back to the replacing of the ball on the green remark I made, I absolutely do not believe a single person on here or anywhere else if they tell me that on every single occasion they have replaced the ball in exactly the correct spot every time.
Ok, where do YOU replace the ball when you deliberately don't place the ball on the same spot? You are basically saying that everyone in here deliberately cheats, which is an absurd statement in which you have no evidence.

User20204

Visit site
Ok, where do YOU replace the ball when you deliberately don't place the ball on the same spot? You are basically saying that everyone in here deliberately cheats, which is an absurd statement in which you have no evidence.

I am saying that there isn't a single person who has played the game that has exactly replaced their marker on every single occasion. In regards evidence, of course I don't have evidence because I haven't witnessed every single person replacing their ball on every occasion however, if you are trying to tell me you have done so on every single occasion then I'm calling YOU out on that and saying I don't believe YOU.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

I don't get your point. For example I hit an excellent chip to 6 inches last week. Only a bounce game so I gave myself the tap in and picked up. Rule broken but, you'd be hard pressed to find any one calling that cheating.
as for ball marking, if I put a marker down then that's where my ball goes back to.

User20204

Visit site
I don't get your point. For example I hit an excellent chip to 6 inches last week. Only a bounce game so I gave myself the tap in and picked up. Rule broken but, you'd be hard pressed to find any one calling that cheating.
as for ball marking, if I put a marker down then that's where my ball goes back to.

Of course in a bounce game you're not breaking the rules and not a cheat but my point is simple, I don't believe that when replacing ones marker that on every single occasion (while in a Q or MP game) they have replaced it knowingly and exactly in the correct spot.

To simplify, I'm 100% certain that on the very odd occasion ones ball has come to rest and a slight imperfection immediately in front of or directly in the line of, one has taken their ball and done "a Lexi" EVERYONE.

Swango1980

Visit site
I am saying that there isn't a single person who has played the game that has exactly replaced their marker on every single occasion. In regards evidence, of course I don't have evidence because I haven't witnessed every single person replacing their ball on every occasion however, if you are trying to tell me you have done so on every single occasion then I'm calling YOU out on that and saying I don't believe YOU.
Your point makes absolutely no sense. I place my ball exactly as I'm supposed to under the rules. I've never placed it anywhere else. Are you saying YOU do place it somewhere else on occasion, that would go against the rules?

User20204

Visit site
Your point makes absolutely no sense. I place my ball exactly as I'm supposed to under the rules. I've never placed it anywhere else. Are you saying YOU do place it somewhere else on occasion, that would go against the rules?

I don't believe you and yes I have.

You see, I have no problem sticking my hand in the air but I do find it funny that you and I guess many others blatantly refuse to admit so.

Also, I refuse to believe anyone or here or anywhere else has not knowingly and some point or other broke the rules, again, I call you all out as liars.

Swango1980

Visit site

You see, I have no problem sticking my hand in the air but I do find it funny that you and I guess many others blatantly refuse to admit so.

Also, I refuse to believe anyone or here or anywhere else has not knowingly and some point or other broke the rules, again, I call you all out as liars.
I think your comments say more about you and less about others on this forum. I hope so anyway.

Swango1980

Visit site
Never in my life. I even knocked a leaf of a very bushy tree once in my practice swing on 3rd hole, and gave myself a penalty. Turns out I didn't have to, as there were thousands of leaves and I hadn't improved the path of my swing. But, I called the penalty as I felt that was the correct ruling at the time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I'm with you. a) Can't believe the other poster has NEVER broken a rule and knew all of them and how to apply them from the moment he stepped onto a course and yes I agree that the majority on here whether they own up or not online haven't replaced the ball perfectly 100% of the time

User20204

Visit site
Never in my life. I even knocked a leaf of a very bushy tree once in my practice swing on 3rd hole, and gave myself a penalty. Turns out I didn't have to, as there were thousands of leaves and I hadn't improved the path of my swing. But, I called the penalty as I felt that was the correct ruling at the time.

So in your golfing time you have never touched the sand with your club in a bunker outwith the playing of your shot, that no one else has witnessed, you have never improved your lie in the rough/long grass that no one would ever see, even f you did and nor have you incorrectly replaced your ball on the putting green, is that what you are telling me ?

Cause if you are telling me you have never done any of the above or if you have, you've called yourself out on it, then you sir are lying and you know you are.

Swango1980

Visit site
So in your golfing time you have never touched the sand with your club in a bunker outwith the playing of your shot, that no one else has witnessed, you have never improved your lie in the rough/long grass that no one would ever see, even f you did and nor have you incorrectly replaced your ball on the putting green, is that what you are telling me ?

Cause if you are telling me you have never done any of the above or if you have, you've called yourself out on it, then you sir are lying and you know you are.
Yes, that is correct. Never done those things. That would be cheating