Patrick Reed

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So you have also never improved your lie in heavy rough or even semi rough for that matter, ever, nor have you ever inadvertently touched the sand with your club, ever ?

What's the chances eh ???

I'm sure this comes across as I'm an out and out cheat and do so at every opportunity, I don't really ocare what everyone thinks, I just know in my length of time playing the game, everyone I've regularly played with, has done so at some stage or other and NOT called themselves out on it, yet everyone on here is the opposite, again, what's the chances.
No I do not improve my lie in rough and if before the rule change I accidentally touched sand in a bunker with my clubhead I would have notified my playing partners and penalized myself for it. You may like to do things like this or think it's ok to play like this. I do think you should try to be a better sport and play as honestly as you can if you do, there is a word for people who repeatedly try to better themselves on the course. In golf a cheat is as bad as it gets IMO and I'd rather play badly than cheat and win, just the way I am. I follow the rules the best I can and I'm very careful not to ground my club in rough etc if I think my ball might move the smallest amount. I do not build a stance by standing on branches etc. As I say I'd rather play rubbish than cheat but carry on if you do I'm sure it wont be long before someone digs you up.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That depends on your goals .
I am trying my best to get back to cat1 so that’s not an advantage.
But can see it would be for some.
Yup as I said I was being facetious and I doubt that there are many if any people posting regularly who are trying to build a handicap most are doing their damnedest to get it down. There again I also doubt that there are many people deliberately contravening the rules, though doubtless a few do so inadvertently.

User20204

Visit site
No I do not improve my lie in rough and if before the rule change I accidentally touched sand in a bunker with my clubhead I would have notified my playing partners and penalized myself for it. You may like to do things like this or think it's ok to play like this. I do think you should try to be a better sport and play as honestly as you can if you do, there is a word for people who repeatedly try to better themselves on the course. In golf a cheat is as bad as it gets IMO and I'd rather play badly than cheat and win, just the way I am. I follow the rules the best I can and I'm very careful not to ground my club in rough etc if I think my ball might move the smallest amount. I do not build a stance by standing on branches etc. As I say I'd rather play rubbish than cheat but carry on if you do I'm sure it wont be long before someone digs you up.

hahaha...that didn't take long eh. You're clearly trying to make out I'm an out and out cheat by exaggerating on what I've said, it's cool though cause I'm not surprised in the slightest folk trying to take the moral high ground on here, it's legendary, but like I've said, I don't believe you.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
hahaha...that didn't take long eh. You're clearly trying to make out I'm an out and out cheat by exaggerating on what I've said, it's cool though cause I'm not surprised in the slightest folk trying to take the moral high ground on here, it's legendary, but like I've said, I don't believe you.
Well as long as I know myself that I play by the rules the best I can then I am comfortable, the fact you dont believe that people do is in itself quite worrying to me and tells me all I need to know

User20204

Visit site
I base it on the fact I stated earlier, every single player I've played regular golf with over 40+ year period has, at some time or other knowingly broke the rules of golf, every one of them and you wonder why I can't believe that everyone on here has never knowingly broke the rules, it just doesn't add mate, it just doesn't add up.

I absolutely understand if you don't wish to own up to it on a public forum, I'm cool with that and to a degree I get that, cause afterall, if you own up to that stigma, it's with you for life, isn't it.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I base it on the fact I stated earlier, every single player I've played regular golf with over 40+ year period has, at some time or other knowingly broke the rules of golf, every one of them and you wonder why I can't believe that everyone on here has never knowingly broke the rules, it just doesn't add mate, it just doesn't add up.

I absolutely understand if you don't wish to own up to it on a public forum, I'm cool with that and to a degree I get that, cause afterall, if you own up to that stigma, it's with you for life, isn't it.
I've never knowingly broken the rules and If i play with anyone who i think is in breach of them i always make a point to voice my concern to them. I do find and I'm not saying you fall into this category, certain groups at clubs etc have reputations or rumours that seem to follow them. I've seen people cheat and I've taken them to task on it, I personally play by the rules and play in lots of county comps etc so would never jeopardize my reputation by cheating for one but I also wouldn't feel right about myself if I'd knowingly done something I knew to be wrong. I think you must play with the wrong folks if you dont know anybody who doesn't play golf by the rules, to me that's as bad as it gets in golf and if someone has a reputation for it I have to say I dont play with them and if I were drawn with someone I knew to be at it, I'd refuse to play with them by having a quiet word in the organisers ear.

Swango1980

Visit site

So, the people you have played with for over 40 years deliberately break the rules. You've been playing with cheats all this time? How depressing. Does the best cheater on the day often get the win? Personally, I'm fairly competitive. So, if I was playing with a bunch of cheats I'd just think I'd walk away. What's the point in competing with that? I guess you have sadly resorted to cheating yourself because you've felt there was no alternative when competing with these guys. Understandable, but still dont condone it in the slightest, nor have I ever heard any other golfer agree with your opinion that ALL golfers deliberately break the rules.

User20204

Visit site
So, the people you have played with for over 40 years deliberately break the rules. You've been playing with cheats all this time? How depressing. Does the best cheater on the day often get the win? Personally, I'm fairly competitive. So, if I was playing with a bunch of cheats I'd just think I'd walk away. What's the point in competing with that? I guess you have sadly resorted to cheating yourself because you've felt there was no alternative when competing with these guys. Understandable, but still dont condone it in the slightest, nor have I ever heard any other golfer agree with your opinion that ALL golfers deliberately break the rules.

You're welcome to interpret what I've said any way you wish, you will regardless but it seems you and the other chap seem to think myself and others go out week in week out and blatantly cheat, if that's how it's came across then that's my mistake. However, I have personally witnessed someone touch the sand when addressing his bunker shot, did he call it on himself ? no, am I going to call him out on it, nope, cause that would be the end of that friendship.

I've also witnessed another player incorrectly replace his ball on the green, did I call him out on it ? Not the first time I didn't but I did the next time. I've also witnessed another player incorrectly replace his ball, did he call it out, no, did I mention it, yep, in a light hearted manner, for friendship purposes, his reply.....it's not like we've got cameras watching us all over the place.

Another example, guys ball is just off the green yet a sprinkler head is in his line, tough I said when he asked about it, he then took a stance with his foot in it, was I going to argue, nope, you just get on with it.

So there is four separate instances I rolled off the top of my head, just in the past two years, so either I've been playing with a load of cheats or they are the only ones in golf that overlook the odd rules discretion, I know what I believe and for the record, these four separate instances were with different groups.

I put it to anyone, these type of incidents come up in every round of golf all over the world, except on the GM forum.

User20204

Visit site
Do you know what's the funniest thing, none of you lot have ever knowingly broke the rules, yet Patrick Reed is being slated by everyone and their granny about what he did and Rory McIlroy said this very day on the Golf Channel that he's witnessed a few things in his time on tour, yet no one on here has ever done it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He and Robert Damron said they've seen things, and I'd say it's a fair bet if they two have seen things, then there is a high probability that everyone has seen things, yet said nothing, guys who have played at the very top of the game but the weekend warrior on here would straight to committee with a letter, you guys kill me you really do.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/2...rick-reed-rule-violation?utm-tags=golf1308000

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
This thread has got great potential now, guarantee stop watches will get mentioned very very soon!

3 minutes 2 seconds "CHEAT"

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You're welcome to interpret what I've said any way you wish, you will regardless but it seems you and the other chap seem to think myself and others go out week in week out and blatantly cheat, if that's how it's came across then that's my mistake. However, I have personally witnessed someone touch the sand when addressing his bunker shot, did he call it on himself ? no, am I going to call him out on it, nope, cause that would be the end of that friendship.

I've also witnessed another player incorrectly replace his ball on the green, did I call him out on it ? Not the first time I didn't but I did the next time. I've also witnessed another player incorrectly replace his ball, did he call it out, no, did I mention it, yep, in a light hearted manner, for friendship purposes, his reply.....it's not like we've got cameras watching us all over the place.

Another example, guys ball is just off the green yet a sprinkler head is in his line, tough I said when he asked about it, he then took a stance with his foot in it, was I going to argue, nope, you just get on with it.

So there is four separate instances I rolled off the top of my head, just in the past two years, so either I've been playing with a load of cheats or they are the only ones in golf that overlook the odd rules discretion, I know what I believe and for the record, these four separate instances were with different groups.

I put it to anyone, these type of incidents come up in every round of golf all over the world, except on the GM forum.
Well I'm sorry to hear you've seen people do things and haven't mentioned it to them. It should actually be easier to say to them if you regularly play with them, I would always say to someone if I thought they'd done something I thought wasnt right, especially if it's in a competition and potentially giving them an advantage to win something.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've never knowingly broken the rules and If i play with anyone who i think is in breach of them i always make a point to voice my concern to them. I do find and I'm not saying you fall into this category, certain groups at clubs etc have reputations or rumours that seem to follow them. I've seen people cheat and I've taken them to task on it, I personally play by the rules and play in lots of county comps etc so would never jeopardize my reputation by cheating for one but I also wouldn't feel right about myself if I'd knowingly done something I knew to be wrong. I think you must play with the wrong folks if you dont know anybody who doesn't play golf by the rules, to me that's as bad as it gets in golf and if someone has a reputation for it I have to say I dont play with them and if I were drawn with someone I knew to be at it, I'd refuse to play with them by having a quiet word in the organisers ear.
Agree with this .
All my wins have meant a lot to me.
I can’t imagine what people think if they look at their trophy and know they cheated to win.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Back to fat Pat, he should have got a ban. What he did was deliberate, and it was blatant cheating. Dyson got a big fine on the Euro tour for tapping down a spike mark, and a lengthy ban. Pat should get similar.