ORKA Customer Service Issue

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Certainly some sarcasm but also a fair amount of correcting the initial lack of detail in the OP. As someone who owned his own business I'm glad I didnt work so much in the social media age because its easy to have your name blackened before the opportunity allows a balance to be written. If blame is to be apportioned I dont think it's for guys on a forum to be the arbitrators as it doesnt really matter, given that the OP will not buy Orka again and the company probably would be happy with that outcome. Personally it wouldn't put me off buying Orka
Worth noting. The OP said they were the best clubs he’d ever owned.

It’s ok though he personally messaged me to tell me we all needed training in customer service.

I read this the day after I’d Just driven 90mins to drop off some golf clubs to a customer whilst he was on the golf course so that he had them before the weekend (without postage cost).

D

Deleted member 16999

Worth noting. The OP said they were the best clubs he’d ever owned.

It’s ok though he personally messaged me to tell me we all needed training in customer service.

I read this the day after I’d Just driven 90mins to drop off some golf clubs to a customer whilst he was on the golf course so that he had them before the weekend (without postage cost).
TBF Sam I’ve never heard anything but positive about Orka, but I can’t help feeling there is something missing in this thread, ie, the third party involved, we (forum) had no reason to question the op on dates etc and there certainly seems a big discrepancy between his dates and your paperwork.

Your initial post seemed to agree the op and the pro certainly had “discussions” about clubs etc in the summer/Aug and I can’t help feeling that somebody may of made promises he wasn’t in position to make.

Don’t think it’s correct for anyone to make judgements on the op, as you say he has certainly praised the Clubs themselves.

Thanks for posting and keeping us informed, certainly makes a change from brands hiding off line.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I havent had much dealings with Orka although I do have one of their hybrids made by a local clubmaker, but I do remember quite a few years ago meeting someone from Orka at a golf show held at East Sussex National. I have to say he was very friendly, knew his onions and was happy to explain everything about the new irons/ wedges they were doing that had the milled micro groove face everyone else now does. His pleasantness and honesty shone through in a world of BS and bluster. I have no idea who he was, other than to say he impressed me and gave me a good impression of Orka.
Whoever he was, he was a credit to Orka.:)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Excellent response by Alex. Often the case when people rant that they don't disclose all the relevant information.

Great response?

Its one of the most obnoxious condescending responses I have ever read.

However I will agree what Orka have done in relation to offering solutions/replacements/compensation is above and beyond but that response would put my back up BIG time. At the end of the day the customer has his views, Orka have theirs and to be honest I'm not sure any of them come out greatly. The customer will ultimately get his clubs and compensation in the form of replacement heads and a free driving iron. In my opinion he can't complain about that.

Reactions: Val
D

Deleted member 23270

Great response?

Its one of the most obnoxious condescending responses I have ever read.

However I will agree what Orka have done in relation to offering solutions/replacements/compensation is above and beyond but that response would put my back up BIG time. At the end of the day the customer has his views, Orka have theirs and to be honest I'm not sure any of them come out greatly. The customer will ultimately get his clubs and compensation in the form of replacement heads and a free driving iron. In my opinion he can't complain about that.
The OP ranted and slagged off Orka without quoting all the facts, I think Alex was quite right to put him back in his box.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The OP ranted and slagged off Orka without quoting all the facts, I think Alex was quite right to put him back in his box.

Yes, because that really helps his cause and customer image?

Situations like this you need to remain professional and not act like an obnoxious pompous person. That response paints a poorer picture than the whole issue.

Maybe Sam would have been better dealing with it from start to finish. Sam doesn't come across like that on here.

As I say, nobody comes out of this very well, had it been left as the club's will be delivered, the OP has been compensated more than handsomely (IMO) ORKA were in a great PR position.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, because that really helps his cause and customer image?

Situations like this you need to remain professional and not act like an obnoxious pompous person. That response paints a poorer picture than the whole issue.

Maybe Sam would have been better dealing with it from start to finish. Sam doesn't come across like that on here.

As I say, nobody comes out of this very well, had it been left as the club's will be delivered, the OP has been compensated more than handsomely (IMO) ORKA were in a great PR position.
Whilst I carry some sentiment to your view, I think in the modern social media driven world if someone slates a company on social media I see nothing wrong with the company defending themselves on that same media.
Social media is that, not a weapon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Whilst I carry some sentiment to your view, I think in the modern social media driven world if someone slates a customer on social media I see nothing wrong with a company defending themselves on that same media.
And I’d agree if we knew all the facts, like I posted last night, what was the Pro’s role in all this, he’s been mentioned by both the op and orka.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Whilst I carry some sentiment to your view, I think in the modern social media driven world if someone slates a customer on social media I see nothing wrong with a company defending themselves on that same media.

There are ways in which you can respond and come across as polite, respectful and in a factual way. My view is the response is in very poor taste - then again it's not my company.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Model poster me.

(1-0 to you :ROFLMAO:)
TBF Sam I’ve never heard anything but positive about Orka, but I can’t help feeling there is something missing in this thread, ie, the third party involved, we (forum) had no reason to question the op on dates etc and there certainly seems a big discrepancy between his dates and your paperwork.

Your initial post seemed to agree the op and the pro certainly had “discussions” about clubs etc in the summer/Aug and I can’t help feeling that somebody may of made promises he wasn’t in position to make.

Don’t think it’s correct for anyone to make judgements on the op, as you say he has certainly praised the Clubs themselves.

Thanks for posting and keeping us informed, certainly makes a change from brands hiding off line.
Alex has his own way of dealing with things as is his prerogative - it’s his company and he’s my boss.

I don’t deal with things in the same way as you mentioned but the way the customer has accused us of things privately I’m not surprised this was the response.

With regards to the pro, we were going to deal with directly, but the pro asked to let him remain the go between.

I’ve been with Orka a year now, but have been an ambassador for years. I can assure you while mistakes get made almost every customer is compensated. Last season when we ran out of Reflex irons (the same issue being discussed here) customers were given wedges/stand bags/driving irons etc to try and appease them. For a small company the cost to us is pretty dramatic.

You’ll never please everyone

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Offering opinions on Orka, or the OP, when you are not directly involved is a bit presumptuous. (I guess!!)

Would it not be better to moderate this kind if thing and delete?

Never shows anyone in good light

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The thread title was moderated to a more factual tone.

However I think that the content should stay intact, it’s a good example of the influence of social media ( if we class The Forum as such)
It shows transparency in how the issue was initially reported and handled,

I think it shows Orka have gone well beyond normal customer service in response to things that are just out of their control.

I know Alex, he is a top bloke and takes his corporate image very seriously, but he also has a sharp sense of humour which may not translate well when written down compared to speech.

Ultimately I hope the OP has the information he was after

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lol Alex’s reply is standard Alex , been like that fae the start why change?.
Nothing worse than someone who changes. And says what he wants whenever , reminds me of that old forum member the blackbird?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The thread title was moderated to a more factual tone.

However I think that the content should stay intact, it’s a good example of the influence of social media ( if we class The Forum as such)
It shows transparency in how the issue was initially reported and handled,

I think it shows Orka have gone well beyond normal customer service in response to things that are just out of their control.

I know Alex, he is a top bloke and takes his corporate image very seriously, but he also has a sharp sense of humour which may not translate well when written down compared to speech.

Ultimately I hope the OP has the information he was after

A fair point. Not trying to be critical in any way.

?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Thats an awful response from Alex imo. I'd be livid as a customer. Those defending him as 'that's just Alex' need to view it from a different lens and realise the perception that response gives

What happened in August/September last year to create such a surge in demand in Reflex irons that new stock was only ordered after the existing ran out? Or is this just terrible stock and supply chain management? Or worrying cash flow issues?

Were fitters notified about a 5 month lead time on a product? 5 months!! Most would have fitted their customers into other brands, forseeing unhappy customers. They could have at least been upfront if the customer was desperate for Orka then the expectation would have been set and accepted from the outset.

For all the ranting and raving about being the only company to provide that level of service, they're also likely the only ones with lead time of 5 months on a consumer product!

Comms is king for all companies in this day and age, and this is a terrible example of comms

Dikko

Visit site
Sounds very familur to my experience with Orka. I'm 8 months down the road awaiting 1 club and told them to forget it.