ORKA Customer Service Issue

Dikko

Visit site
Orka appear to want to take this further and until all three parties discuss the challenges and find a solution I will refrain from putting pen to paper. We have a difference of opinion but it's good to talk.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Orka appear to want to take this further and until all three parties discuss the challenges and find a solution I will refrain from putting pen to paper. We have a difference of opinion but it's good to talk.

Take it further in what context? Make things better or not happy with your review?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad u ditched the disgusting from the post title. Im a plumber and deal with disgusting on a daily basis. ?.
Anyway glad uve finally managed to talk to the right folk and pretty sure u will be happy with ure Orka.?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Glad u ditched the disgusting from the post title. Im a plumber and deal with disgusting on a daily basis. ?.
Anyway glad uve finally managed to talk to the right folk and pretty sure u will be happy with ure Orka.?

Actually that was a mod edit, removing the emotive whilst leaving the factual.

Happy to help ??

Dikko

Visit site

Hi "Bigslice,

I'm sure your right however the title has been changed! More than probably Admin.

Just for the record the product I can't fault and they have helped me improve my game and to Orkas credit they are the best golf clubs I've owned. I ordered them 23/8/2019 (29 weeks ago) and its that and the communication which has let them down.

All I want is closure and the truth and get on with my game.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It all seems a bit strange but none the less its certainly shocking customer care on behalf or Orka golf, that you cant deny.

Dikko

Visit site
As a brand we felt it best to add a post to this (I won’t be commenting any further).

As it is appropriate, we (Orka Golf) will be dealing with our customer and related fitting centre privately to get his issues and concerns resolved.

Regarding this situation we as all companies should recognise they are never perfect and will make mistakes from time to time despite our best efforts.

At Orka Golf we will always look to take ownership of any issues that occur and rectify/compensate where appropriate.
In this example, there are a few things to clarify especially as this is on a public forum.
• The stockist in discussion did not start working with us until the end of August 2019. Following a discussion with the proprietor he informed us he had been in discussions about stocking Orka Golf from early summer 2019 with the customer.
• Due to exponential growth of the business in 2019 beyond anything we could have reasonably forecast we unfortunately faced delays regarding stock due to the rapid increase in demand.
• Following this delay, it was unfortunate that some of the stock had manufacturing marks on the faces. These marks did not impact the performance of the clubs but would not be deemed suitable for retail sale.
• To offer a solution in the short term so that our customers weren’t without golf clubs to use, we communicated the manufacturing issue to our stockists, offering to supply the marked clubs for use until the replacements were available. The customers would also be allowed to keep these ‘marked’ clubs. To further compensate the customers affected, we also gave them the option to choose between a custom wedge or driving iron to be built to their specifications.
• Upon receiving quality-control checked stock, we contacted the stockists to give us a list of all clubs affected by the issue for us to replace (not all club heads were affected by the issue) and began the process of replacing the irons. In this particular case, we received an initial list of clubs which were replaced and then subsequently at a later date were told that the stockist felt another two should be replaced.
• Due to the continued growth in popularity of the Orka Golf coupled with the severe and wide reaching affects of the coronavirus we have currently been unable to fulfil one of the remaining clubs that need replacing. As soon as the Chinese government allows our product to be released through their ports we will be able to replace the product as requested.

This is not typical of the way the brand operates as I know a large number of forumers will attest too. Regrettably in this instance there were a number of compounding factors leading to the delay of the customers items during which time we have looked to do all we can by compensating and communicating – something we will never shy away

May I politely request you contact me the customer as you stated you would deal with your customer privately and I've not heard from you since you replied to my complaint on the 9th March.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
May I politely request you contact me the customer as you stated you would deal with your customer privately and I've not heard from you since you replied to my complaint on the 9th March.

Unbelievable, this company seem to be a right shambles. I hope you get it sorted but I wouldn't recommend them from what I have seen and read on here.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unbelievable, this company seem to be a right shambles. I hope you get it sorted but I wouldn't recommend them from what I have seen and read on here.

A shambles from one complaint? I wasn’t going to respond on here again but people like you (who ironically I ignored all content from a long time ago) leave me no choice. Don’t let all the positive feedback about the brand get in the way of a controversial Post

This customers details were immediately passed on, and the pro given details of our approach. The pro decided that as it was his customer he would deal with it directly - as was his prerogative.

Last edited:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A shambles from one complaint? I wasn’t going to respond on here again but people like you (who ironically I ignored all content from a long time ago) leave me no choice. Don’t let all the positive feedback about the brand get in the way of a controversial Post

This customers details were immediately passed on, and the pro given details of our approach. The pro decided that as it was his customer he would deal with it directly - as was his prerogative.

Still doesn't hide from the fact that this customer has had a shocking experience from Orka golf so no matter how you dress it the customer experience has been shocking. And in your own words you knew there was an issue with the clubs so why not explain this at the time of order and give the customer the choice to continue with his order or give him the choice to cancel.

Do you honestly think this his been handled correctly?

Get a grip

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it has to be considered that the customers pro is the conduit between both parties and as such we don’t know what he has or hasn’t said or passed on. I agree the situation could on the face of it been dealt with better, but as all parties aren’t here and commenting it’s probably best they are left to it.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

Whilst I know I only have the facts that have been posted, the trouble in my eyes is that as someone who has very little knowledge of the brand having read this I would be very reluctant to consider the buying the clubs no matter how good they looked or felt, to me it seems the approach of leaving the Pro to resolve as it is his prerogative it does not seem to be working, I know my company, admittedly in a totally different industry, would have stepped in to kill off the complaint, rather let it fester

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Whilst I know I only have the facts that have been posted, the trouble in my eyes is that as someone who has very little knowledge of the brand having read this I would be very reluctant to consider the buying the clubs no matter how good they looked or felt, to me it seems the approach of leaving the Pro to resolve as it is his prerogative it does not seem to be working, I know my company, admittedly in a totally different industry, would have stepped in to kill off the complaint, rather let it fester
i would tend to agree, looks like the OP is still without clubs and is none the wiser what happening now than he was when he first posted, 5 months almost and still no clubs isn't a great advert even if it were only one client

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Alex has now responsed directly to the customer.

Please see below

Morning,

I trust you're well and keeping safe from COVID-19, I felt the need to personally reach out to you after your post in a popular forum was brought to my attention. I fully appreciate and understand your frustrations, as they are multiplied and mirrored by my own for sure. Anyone who knows me and the brand will tell you, that I/we pride ourselves on being genuine and consumer champions, more so than ANY other brand. Which is why, having read through your post I had to step in and answers some inaccurate points and give clarification.

Your order with James was placed on October the 3rd 2019, not 23/08/2019 as you have suggested, we have confirmation and proof of the dates, which I'm more than happy to share with you.

At the point of ordering on the 3rd, we went out of stock of the Reflex heads, in 5,7,8,AW loft a few days prior. However, because we are a great brand and value customers, we arranged for you to have a mix of new and new demo temporary heads to use until the replacement heads arrived. This was communicated with the stockist at the point of ordering. As such your post doesn't state that, again something we have provided as a temporary solution, again something NO other brand would do, fun fact.

When a new product goes into production lead times are 16weeks, the order for Reflex was put into production on September 30th, therefore completion time for the product being ready to ship would have been the 20th of January 2020. Within the production time there was the small matter of Christmas, where factories shut for 1 week of so, which unfortunately took us up to Chinese New Year which started on the 25th of January.

The Chinese tend to celebrate for 3 weeks, and I agree, celebrating New Year in January and February is baffling, but who am I to complain about another countries culture and celebrations, I'm sure the Chinese would look at me as odd for eating Leeks and Welsh rarebit for being a Welshman, but nonetheless, we have to respect their celebrations.

With these dates in mind and the holiday shutdowns, we naturally experience delays something that can't be avoided, that said I would have therefore expected deliver for the 2nd week of February. However, and not to sound crass, I'm not sure if you've seen the huge impact globally COVID-19 has had. Although I'm able to keep most people onside, bar my ex-wife, I can't make a country release my product if they are on total lockdown....

As a business owner I have to accept delays with genuine cause and a global crisis. In the grand scheme of things, there are people dying of a horrid virus, homeless who have nowhere to call home and yet I also have to accept that I can 't always please every customer, no matter how much we do right for them.

I'm aware that not only have we supplied you with clubs you can and are currently using, built to your exact spec's, we also gave compensation to you in the form of a Driving Iron that you wanted, which typically costs £130.00. We've replaced the temporary clubs with new (AW pending), so you'll pretty much have 1 and a half sets. Again, something NO other brand would have done Allan.

When you posted your feedback in the forum, Sam immediately made contact with you to help get a resolution, which speaks volumes for the level of customer service we pride ourselves on. I dare say, had you voiced the same concerns about another brand, you wouldn't have the Owner or any of the Directors personally reach out to you as I am. Nor any of the temporary solutions and at best, they would have given you a sleeve of balls and a bag towel as compensation.

Please understand that the delays are not of our doing, nor the virus for that matter, neither of which are being used as excuses, they are just plain simple facts. I have sourced the AW heads you are missing from a distributor and that will arrive at the end of this week, I'll ensure it is sent to you for the start of next week. All I would ask that when voicing a grievance or feedback that it be factual and not fictional. At a time when we should be grateful for our health and looking out for each other, in the bigger picture, how we voice our annoyance and how we deal with it as a company pales insignificant to the worries facing many millions. That said, I genuinely wish you well and apologies if you still feel hard done by.

If you wish to call me or reply by email please do so.

All the best.

Alex Comben - ORKA Golf

D

Deleted member 23270

Excellent response by Alex. Often the case when people rant that they don't disclose all the relevant information.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A fee undertones of sarcasm and exasperation in equal measure there.

Imo the op has gotten a much better deal than they're letting on.
As much as customer relations are important to any business, so is customer"correctness" when making noises especially on a public space.
I think I would fully agree with Papas.:)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Certainly some sarcasm but also a fair amount of correcting the initial lack of detail in the OP. As someone who owned his own business I'm glad I didnt work so much in the social media age because its easy to have your name blackened before the opportunity allows a balance to be written. If blame is to be apportioned I dont think it's for guys on a forum to be the arbitrators as it doesnt really matter, given that the OP will not buy Orka again and the company probably would be happy with that outcome. Personally it wouldn't put me off buying Orka