Opponents asking for yardages

Rumpokid

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you own a Bushnell,Garmin or some other measuring device,how do you feel when someone asks "What have you got"?..(regarding the instrument of course)..
I do think think it is more courteous not to ask, i do not if i don't have Bushy with me,and someone else does.
What you reck?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played a matchplay final on Sunday, told the oppos the yardages on all the par 3s after I zapped it with the laser and at one point one of the oppos GPS stopped working. Was happy to give him yardages as and when he needed them, he still has to hit the shot. Distances are just information, happy to share it with anyone who asks personally though expect certainly in competitive golf im in the minority

D

Deleted member 15344

No probs offering the yardage or giving on request

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
this is supposed to be a gentleman's game (and ladies of course). you shouldn't hesitate to tell your playing partner!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if you are obliged to tell someone if they ask.

I believe that there is no penalty either as you are stating a fact, i.e the distance and are not giving advice.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't mind being asked at all and I'd happily give it, would seem very unfair to know myself and not share the info.

I've even offered to give it when an opponent was clearly struggling to work it out.... and in important matchplay ties that I desperately wanted to win!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
There will be an odd one or two who wont but I would be surprised if many people refused this. I would always offer the yardage up if asked providing the person isn't a complete throbber.

Only one person in my entire golfing life I can think of that I possibly wouldn't of told as he was an ignorant git. Not bad going I suppose with how much ive played :D

RobRob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If i have my bushnell out then I have no problem telling them but I do find it a little annoying when I have been asked to get it out and check a yardage for them!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Im happy to give out yardages, the info is going to be available in any course planner anyway, give or take a few

Dont see a problem with it

dotty001

Challenge Tour Pro
www.quidco.com
In a bounce game no probs , I would probably tell them before they ask , in a medal or match play comp they can foxtrot oscar