Open 2021

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm surprised that there is this delay. As far as I'm concerned there were only 2 outcomes, full opening or an extension to the restrictions so should there simply have been Plan A and Plan B based on those scenarios? Discussions must have been happening behind the scenes throughout the last month so it's not like Monday's announcement came totally out of the blue.

However they prob trying to be a pilot event now

Without so their capped at like 10,000 fans

Test event then their in ..

I'm sure we will know by the weekend

orangepip

Visit site
I'm surprised that there is this delay. As far as I'm concerned there were only 2 outcomes, full opening or an extension to the restrictions so should there simply have been Plan A and Plan B based on those scenarios? Discussions must have been happening behind the scenes throughout the last month so it's not like Monday's announcement came totally out of the blue.

Quite - fortunately I live "relatively" local so was always planning to travel there and back in a day but there will be people coming from further away that will need to adjust their plans accordingly. Quite the pain.

However I think it is slightly more nuanced in that they will be allowed a certain percentage of attendees which I guess does make things more complicated

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We can now confirm we will be able to welcome up to 32,000 fans on each Championship day of The 149th Open at Royal St George’s ⛳

This will include all existing ticketholders, who we will be contacting today.

Read our statement here ? bit.ly/149thOpenAtten…

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Got my email this morning

Need to prove 2 jabs at least 14 days before or a negative lateral flow test 48 hours before, a few other things but no real problems

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sweet , train tickets booked £51 each from kings cross I'll meet them on the train at Stratford save the travel time

Down for 9:30 see some the early ones and see how it goes

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I've got tickets for Saturday, anyone know where the parking that I've booked is likely to be? It's the official one.

Yup. Fields next to the course. If you can't wait until the Friday night to have this confirmed I'll let you know as that's when I'm going! ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yup. Fields next to the course. If you can't wait until the Friday night to have this confirmed I'll let you know as that's when I'm going! ?

By Road
There will be no public car parking at Royal St George’s Golf Club or in the immediate surrounding area. All public parking will be located at The Open Park & Ride facilities, where dedicated buses will be available to transport spectators to the course.

Spectators choosing to travel to the event by car or motorcycle will be directed to The Open Park & Ride sites by Variable Messaging Signs (VMS) and specific black and yellow event signs provided by The AA.

Spectators are advised to switch off satellite navigation systems and follow the appropriate signage.

That's what the website says .. where did you find field parking? So would have gone for that. Gone for train in end

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last time the Open was at RSG I used the park and ride. It was miles away from the course, with a long queue to get in to the car park and a long queue to get on a bus. To actually get to the course the buses had to mount the footpaths to get past each other. Took absolutely ages to get in. The reduced numbers this year might help a lot I suppose.

RSG may be a great course, but the infrastructure and organisation weren't up to the standards I'd expect from the Open. Certainly attendance there was much more painful than when I've been to the Liverpool(ish) courses.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
By Road
There will be no public car parking at Royal St George’s Golf Club or in the immediate surrounding area. All public parking will be located at The Open Park & Ride facilities, where dedicated buses will be available to transport spectators to the course.

Spectators choosing to travel to the event by car or motorcycle will be directed to The Open Park & Ride sites by Variable Messaging Signs (VMS) and specific black and yellow event signs provided by The AA.

Spectators are advised to switch off satellite navigation systems and follow the appropriate signage.

That's what the website says .. where did you find field parking? So would have gone for that. Gone for train in end

Looks like it's park and ride then! Just booked parking and presumed it would be as before. I'm sure it was super close. Not that fussed in the end.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last time the Open was at RSG I used the park and ride. It was miles away from the course, with a long queue to get in to the car park and a long queue to get on a bus. To actually get to the course the buses had to mount the footpaths to get past each other. Took absolutely ages to get in. The reduced numbers this year might help a lot I suppose.

RSG may be a great course, but the infrastructure and organisation weren't up to the standards I'd expect from the Open. Certainly attendance there was much more painful than when I've been to the Liverpool(ish) courses.

Apparently train is suppose to be the easy route

Straight to sandwich then traffic free route access fields 20 min walk

4LEX

Visit site
Loads of Americans over here for golf and Royal Ascot already, the big players will do anything for a major. The Open will be close to 100% capacity and given special trial status like Wimbledon.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loads of Americans over here for golf and Royal Ascot already, the big players will do anything for a major. The Open will be close to 100% capacity and given special trial status like Wimbledon.

Lol are you a day behind?

It's already done

32k fans a day roughly 75%

2 jabs proved or a negative test to get in

Ticket holders only no more tickets to sell

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a season ticket and was thinking about going to one of the practice days, does any one have any idea which is the best day to go? Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a season ticket and was thinking about going to one of the practice days, does any one have any idea which is the best day to go? Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

there is no running order so it's pot.luck who you see,.so just pick best day weather wise.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was meant to have my second jab next Friday however going to a walk in place tomorrow to ensure I have the Covid Pass in place.

We’ve managed to find an AirBnB in Ramsgate which wasn’t extortionately priced and easy access to the train station so looking forward to it now.