Oops I did it again!!!!!

markwarne

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Following my post last week (How can anyone score an 11 on a par 5), I feel the need to follow up with the sequel:

How Stupid Do You Have To Be to Do a 12.........

Seriously, it did happen. First boarded competition of the season, fourth hole (Signature Par 5, 621 yds), and I scored a 12...........a 12!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next hole, par. Hole after par. ........

Ended up shooting 92, net 70. If it wasn't for the b***** 12, I could have won my first ever boarded. Still, I will take solice in the net 70. Should get me a cut - which I aim for more than winning.

Get ready for the third part of the markwarne trilogy..

"A Dog Bad 10 on a Par 4"...coming to Aldenham Golf Club soon. :D :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A 12 at the 4th? How many times did you play it?
Just kidding. A nice h/cap chop coming your way though :D
Well played the other 17

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd cut you.....take off those "extra" shots and you must have played great!!

Don't let it get to you. I made a 10 on Sunday.....

Easy....new "white" tee specially built into the woods, only available shot was a hook (seriously, can someone not notice how crazy this idea is!!)....tried the hook, hit a tree, down into the jungle, 6 shots just to get the ball where it should have been after the drive......

I simply cannot believe the total insanity of a committee that approves a new tee when there is a massive oak tree 150 yards directly on the line of a drive.....

Next time, 6 iron off the tee.....play it as a par 5.....

what next.....100 year old oaks in the middle of the fairway...(actually, the other course in this town has exactly that :)

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mark,

Maybe just as well you couldn't make it to Royal Ascot!! :) ;)...just kidding

I think that one hole seems to be the thing that blights most high handicappers, myself included. Once you can turn those high scoring holes into ones where you can limit the damage, that's when we'll see our handicaps drop into the teens!!!

Bogey golf, here we come!!! :) :)