On the tee! The Spawny Get!

ainley87simon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think I might be a lucky golfer take saturday for example - on our 6th we have what can only be describe as a think wood running down the left of our fairway, I proceed to snap hook it and turn away in disgust, take a minute to compose myself and notice my PP giving a load of abuse because my ball is in the middle of the fair way about 170 yards from the tee after taking a kind bounce off one or two of the trees.

The hole before that I carved one right of the tee and again found the woods and again lookup to see the ball rolling back onto the fairway. On the same hole we were on temp while they put some drainage around the green. I never know how to play temp greens so I got my putter out from about 60 yards (after playing 3 awful shots, not unlucky just awful) and sank it for a bogey 5.

I hope my luck doesn't run out - I score 40 pts in my last round with the help of the trees!

Maybe I am a lucky golfer I hope it stays with me I scored 40pts on Saturday

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's a statement that has practise and luck in it and I think it was Gary Player who said it.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I usually have my fair share of lucky breaks, I put it down to talking to squirrels. those grey little blighters always help me out!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nature of the golfer i fear , bemoan the bad bounce or lip out , forget the lucky ones..

But how come ya always always seem (not true i know but ) to get a good bounce on a bad score card or a friendly knock around , anyone else feel the same ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Nature of the golfer i fear , bemoan the bad bounce or lip out , forget the lucky ones..

But how come ya always always seem (not true i know but ) to get a good bounce on a bad score card or a friendly knock around , anyone else feel the same ?

This is true, its also much easier to chip in for a double than it is for a birdie!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I might be a lucky golfer take saturday for example - on our 6th we have what can only be describe as a think wood running down the left of our fairway, I proceed to snap hook it and turn away in disgust, take a minute to compose myself and notice my PP giving a load of abuse because my ball is in the middle of the fair way about 170 yards from the tee after taking a kind bounce off one or two of the trees.

The hole before that I carved one right of the tee and again found the woods and again lookup to see the ball rolling back onto the fairway. On the same hole we were on temp while they put some drainage around the green. I never know how to play temp greens so I got my putter out from about 60 yards (after playing 3 awful shots, not unlucky just awful) and sank it for a bogey 5.

I hope my luck doesn't run out - I score 40 pts in my last round with the help of the trees!

Maybe I am a lucky golfer I hope it stays with me I scored 40pts on Saturday

Karma dude karma is a female dog ..

You could get your forum membership revoked for such honesty ..

P.S what did you shoot , musta been nearly 40 pts :D:D

Last edited:

kozmos

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One my pals is pretty wild off the tee, every time he sticks one in dodo.. its got birdie written all over it :smirk:

ainley87simon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Karma dude karma is a female dog ..

You could get your forum membership revoked for such honesty ..

P.S what did you shoot , musta been nearly 40 pts :D:D

I find honesty is the best policy in the golf, if I hit a good shot, I always openly admit I don't know how I did it. Honesty and luck get me round the course!

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find honesty is the best policy in the golf, if I hit a good shot, I always openly admit I don't know how I did it. Honesty and luck get me round the course!
TBH im the same if i hit a lucky shot il say it ... mind you if i hit a good/great shot il say it , over n over n over n over ..............:D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Actually most people only get bad luck when they get lumbered with me as a partner. Just ask Hawkeye who ended up leaving the club and Ads749r who is bugging off with the wife rather than pair up with me in the next pairs event

I take it NGT doesn't say anything about self image? Even in jest, these things if said often enough can be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think I'm lucky. I also think others are luckier than they care to admit, but lots of people only seem to remember the bad and forget the good.

There might also be a case for saying that golfers who have a knack of scraping par from the woods are just better at recovery shots and managing their game. :whistle: