Office Attire

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So I've just landed a new job and start in a few weeks. One thing that really hit me during the interview process was how different the dress code was!?!

I spent 11 years in a very formal office environment (always a suit, shirt and tie) before moving to where in am now (less formal but still shirt and tie, less of the suits). This new place is jeans and shirts, so proper casual!!

I suppose it's the way it's going.

Any fellow forum members work in similar office environments?

Where have you gone from/to......anything going?;)

D

Deleted member 21258

I worked in accountants offices, so always suit/tie job etc.

When I went it alone(16 years ago), I decided to wear casual clothes in the office but when I visited clients at their premises I would wear a suit.

After a few years, I had various clients say why do you bother wearing a suit when you come to visit us, so I stopped wearing suits completely about 7 years ago.

In some ways I miss not getting 'dressed up' but suits/shirts/ties are not as comfortable as casual cloths IMHO and don't miss them.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a city bod and they have smart cas. on Friday's only where I work. So Monday to Thursday suited and booted. Navy Blue or Charcoal suit with black shoes only. Friday chinos or cords with collared shirt

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We recently went to a wear what you think is appropriate culture. Worst thing we ever did, scruffs just turn up in tracky bottoms and caps in an office environment

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Erm, for the UK it's been the 3rd warmest since 1910, for England and Wales the warmest and December was the warmest on record since 1659. :eek: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2016/winter
Maybe saying FACT was a mistake...

But personally, this winter has been far colder than last year. There was hardly any nights where temps got to sub zero last winter, it seems since the new year its been nothing but cold through the night.

D

Deleted member 18588

No brown in town especially Monday to Thursday

My word that takes me back!

You are, of course, quite right; no gentleman would ever be seen wearing brown shoes with a Navy Blue suit.

Cannot understand what Rooter must have been thinking.

D

Deleted member 18588

Bearing in mind I am an old geezer I wore brown shoes with a dark suit the other day and my son told me I looked cool!

I am all for keeping with the times, old boy, but that really is going too far!

I mean to say what next, replacing your braces with a belt?:rolleyes: