Notification issues.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi.
I've suddenly stopped getting notifications for new posts on subscribed threads.
I've checked my settings and my 'Default Thread Subscription Mode:' is set to
'Instantly, using email' which I think is correct.
Any thoughts or anyone else suffering this?
Or ................... have I been banned??

Slime.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just found all the notifications in my junk folder, so why are they suddenly in there?
Any experts on Mozilla T'bird 58 who could point me in the right direction regarding managing my junk folder?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Was just about to start a topic on this, I'm exactly the same, your post just made me look in my spam folder and I've got 108 emails in there, most of them GM which started on the 1st December?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I haven't used thunderbird in ages but surely it's just a case of going into the junk folder, clicking on the GM email and selecting not junk. Using Capital J rings s bell but it's worth checking the Mozilla support pages. I know thunderbird does need some training to learn what's good and what isn't.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was just about to start a topic on this, I'm exactly the same, your post just made me look in my spam folder and I've got 108 emails in there, most of them GM which started on the 1st December?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Same as that, Fish, there just sitting there smiling at me.
Do you use Thunderbird 58.0?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Haven’t got a clue what Thunderbird is, is it a blow up Scott 😜 🚀

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven’t got a clue what Thunderbird is, is it a blow up Scott  

No, it's an inflatable Lady Penelope!
But maybe it's an email client that many say is superior to others such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express etc.. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and have had virtually no problems with it at all.
I've marked all my GM notifications that were in my Junk folder as 'Not Junk' and everything now appears to be sweet.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’m in bed with man flu and all my notifications are going into my spam folder in my iPad tablet.

Even when I then select that they are not spam and they revert to my in box, the hyperlink then doesn’t work!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear your not well, Robin.
I said on 23rd Dec that everything was sweet, which it was ................. and now it isn't!
Since last night all GM notifications have gone into my junk folder, but only GM ones.
I'll mark them as 'Not Junk' and they'll move into my inbox. Next notification and it's back to the junk folder again.
Can't understand that it's only GM notifications, maybe it's a GM problem.
Anyone else seeing this?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sorry to hear your not well, Robin.
I said on 23rd Dec that everything was sweet, which it was ................. and now it isn't!
Since last night all GM notifications have gone into my junk folder, but only GM ones.
I'll mark them as 'Not Junk' and they'll move into my inbox. Next notification and it's back to the junk folder again.
Can't understand that it's only GM notifications, maybe it's a GM problem.
Anyone else seeing this?

Exactly the same, it’s also the same on my iPhone now 😡

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a conspiracy, shall we both convert to Millwall, no one loves us and we don’t care.... 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would, but the only language I can speak is The Queen's English ................. not a dialect they're familiar with.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Everything GM going to spam, nothing else, it’s a pain in the arse😡

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everything GM going to spam, nothing else, it’s a pain in the arse

Exactly the same for me!
I've also put the GM email address in my address book, no difference at all.
If it's of any interest, I use Mozilla Thunderbird and my ISP is Sky.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There back now in my inbox as normal and hyperlinks working, and I’ve done nothing!!

They weren’t first thing so this has happened over the last couple of hours at most.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same for me!
I can only think it must have been a GM thing .......................... but I don't know how or why.