Carplay

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm becoming more and more frustrated with Carplay!

Admittedly I'm new to it as it's come with my new van, but its not exactly rocket science, or at least shouldn't be!

My biggest issue is I've stopped getting notification noises when I get a banner notifications, as these are mainly jobs through a courier platform I subscribe to, I'm missing jobs/work when I'm passing through or in a particular area as they're tracking me.

I've checked everything I can, I've even hard booted my iPhone and even reset the Carplay back to factory settings in case I'd done something unknowingly, but nothing!

I get the noises when I'm not connected to the van or in the house, anywhere else in fact, but as soon as I'm in it and connected to Carplay, nothing!

I do get a noise with my Messages and What's app, but not for any other banner notifications I have set to alert me.

Anyone experience this or heard of this and can advise?

Thanks

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It’s supposed to do that, so as not to distract you from driving.

That doesn't make sense, because as I stated, I still get the noises for Messages and Whats-app, so why not the rest?

Also, it gives me handsfree options, GPS and loads all the compatible apps from my iPhone onto my dashboard screen, if its designed not for you to interact with them, why design it so they can be used and seen in transit?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That doesn't make sense, because as I stated, I still get the noises for Messages and Whats-app, so why not the rest?

Also, it gives me handsfree options, GPS and loads all the compatible apps from my iPhone onto my dashboard screen, if its designed not for you to interact with them, why design it so they can be used and seen in transit?

Because WhatsApp and messages have apps for carplay so you can get those notifications as you can have them read out

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Because WhatsApp and messages have apps for carplay so you can get those notifications as you can have them read out

But I used to get the noises for 2 weeks, but then they stopped! So its not something that's built in as a safety model?

D

Deleted member 16999

But I used to get the noises for 2 weeks, but then they stopped! So its not something that's built in as a safety model?
Mine have stopped after the latest Apple update, you’re not alone with this frustration.
I’ll let you know if I find out why.