No Notifications Conundrum !

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the last few days I've received no notifications from the GM forums.
Notifications from other sites are coming through as expected, it's only the GM ones that I'm not getting.
I always get several every day as I'm subscribed to many threads.
I have changed no settings and my email client has not updated for a while.
I can only assume the problem is at GM's end.
Junk folders are checked regularly and are always empty.
Anyone suffering the same or have any idea how I can try to sort this out.
It's just so bloody frustrating!

Slime.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
For the last few days I've received no notifications from the GM forums.
Notifications from other sites are coming through as expected, it's only the GM ones that I'm not getting.
I always get several every day as I'm subscribed to many threads.
I have changed no settings and my email client has not updated for a while.
I can only assume the problem is at GM's end.
Junk folders are checked regularly and are always empty.
Anyone suffering the same or have any idea how I can try to sort this out.
It's just so bloody frustrating!

Slime.

Hi,

I've sent you two emails in an attempt to help you troubleshoot this issue and you haven't replied to any of them. If you could take a moment to review those emails and confirm some of the information contained in them, it would certainly be the first step to helping you get this corrected.

Thanks!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi
Found your emails in my junk folder, apologies for that.
My response is on it's way to you right now.
Thanks for looking into this for me. (y)

Slime.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hi
Found your emails in my junk folder, apologies for that.
My response is on it's way to you right now.
Thanks for looking into this for me. (y)

Slime.

Just a quote to trigger a notification as a test.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Nothing is going into spam/trash/junk folders.
Notifications are marked as 'Not Junk'.
Still not getting them, but GM are on the case thanks to CParsons.
However, he too is scratching his head somewhat.

Yeah, considering test emails are not even making it to your account and no one else is having issues it's a bit of an odd scenario. At the very least, direct emails to your account should be getting there. Make sure you also check here - https://forums.golfmonthly.com/account/preferences and ensure the alerts you want enabled are turned on. I know you said you never changed any of that, but doesn't hurt to check.

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 4.15.04 PM.png

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, every box has a big in it.
I unticked every box, saved, logged out, logged back in, ticked every box and saved.
Probably a waste of time, but hey, worth trying anything now.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Yeah, every box has a big in it.
I unticked every box, saved, logged out, logged back in, ticked every box and saved.
Probably a waste of time, but hey, worth trying anything now.

Alright, so after some extensive investigating I believe I have found a rather obscure issue with the email system and it's going to have to be escalated to get fully sorted out. It appears that if you have a @gmail.com / @googlemail.com address notifications can potentially get hung up whereas if you have any other email domain (even those that use GMail under a different domain address) will go through no problem. When it comes to your account @Slime, we have two options:

1) You can set up a different email address, anything but a @gmail.com / @googlemail.com and notifications should start again.
2) You can wait until our tech department fixes the issue and notifications should start working for you again correctly.

If you decide to set up another email address, it doesn't have to stay on the account permanently. You can remove it when the issue is resolved. Sincerely apologize for the issue but now that we have nailed it down, we can start to address it. :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Alright, so after some extensive investigating I believe I have found a rather obscure issue with the email system and it's going to have to be escalated to get fully sorted out. It appears that if you have a @gmail.com / @googlemail.com address notifications can potentially get hung up whereas if you have any other email domain (even those that use GMail under a different domain address) will go through no problem. When it comes to your account @Slime, we have two options:

1) You can set up a different email address, anything but a @gmail.com / @googlemail.com and notifications should start again.
2) You can wait until our tech department fixes the issue and notifications should start working for you again correctly.

If you decide to set up another email address, it doesn't have to stay on the account permanently. You can remove it when the issue is resolved.

That's fantastic, maybe some light at the end of the tunnel!
Obviously, option 1) would be the fastest way to get notifications through.
Obviously, option 2) would be the ideal scenario, but, how long do you think this may take?

Also, in order to change to another email domain, the GM site will send me a 'confirmation' email ....................... which I currently won't get notification of!
I love a conundrum.
I guess it all boils down to how long it'll take to sort this issue out, any best guess?
Again, many thanks,

Slime.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
That's fantastic, maybe some light at the end of the tunnel!
Obviously, option 1) would be the fastest way to get notifications through.
Obviously, option 2) would be the ideal scenario, but, how long do you think this may take?

Also, in order to change to another email domain, the GM site will send me a 'confirmation' email ....................... which I currently won't get notification of!
I love a conundrum.
I guess it all boils down to how long it'll take to sort this issue out, any best guess?
Again, many thanks,

Slime.

If you decide to change the email to a non-GMail one, I can add it and you won't have to confirm it. Just send me a message with the email you want. As for how long, let's say 3-5 days as a guess.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Okay, I realise that was a stupid question, apologies for that.
I've just got myself a yahoo.com address, maybe we go down that route as a temporary fix?
It's [removed by admin]
If we try that avenue, it'd have to be done by you as I won't receive the 'confirmation' email that's always sent out when someone changes their email address.
Sorry. :cry:

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Okay, I realise that was a stupid question, apologies for that.
I've just got myself a yahoo.com address, maybe we go down that route as a temporary fix?
It's [removed by admin]
If we try that avenue, it'd have to be done by you as I won't receive the 'confirmation' email that's always sent out when someone changes their email address.
Sorry. :cry:

Alright, I added your new email and sent a test email to it. Hopefully, you should also get a notification for this post. Check your spam too if you're not seeing it.?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
weasel yesss.jpg

Just got both notifications!
Currently you are a superstar, sorting the initial problem, however, will elevate you to legend status!
This is superb news, for which I heartily thank you.
When will I know when the original issue has been sorted as, obviously, I'm currently not using any Gmail addresses?

Again, thanks Chris,
Slime.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
View attachment 41671

Just got both notifications!
Currently you are a superstar, sorting the initial problem, however, will elevate you to legend status!
This is superb news, for which I heartily thank you.
When will I know when the original issue has been sorted as, obviously, I'm currently not using any Gmail addresses?

Again, thanks Chris,
Slime.

Awesome. Glad that's working for you. I'll keep track of the issue and when I hear back that it has been resolved, I'll let you know. ?

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hey Chris
It's been a little while now, any updates?
Thanks. (y)

Slime.

Hey Slime, i think we got this sorted now. We can try it by replacing the Yahoo account email address with your preferred GMail address, if you wish. Just let me know which of your GMail accounts you wish to have added, and I can change it and send you some notifications to see if they come through.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey Chris, this is exciting news!!
My preferred email address would be [Removed by Admin]
Just out of curiosity, what was the issue?

Slime.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hey Chris, this is exciting news!!
My preferred email address would be [Removed by Admin]
Just out of curiosity, what was the issue?

Slime.

Alright, I set your account to that so that we can test it out. I have also sent you a test email from the forums, let me know if you received it. As for the issue, I don't fully understand it to be honest. It had to do with the domain names being different (golfmonthly.co.uk vs. golfmonthly.com), and one of the servers wasn't "authorized" to send emails.