Changed Email now No alerts

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Changed my email address to a previously used one but since doing so I have had no email alerts to responses on subscribed posts/threads?

I have checked my settings which are still set correctly and even checked the said threads which show I am still subscribed to them!

Does it take a certain amount of time to activate a change of email address or do I have to wait for some kind of new email activication process sent to the changed email address?

Thank you.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Patience young padowen. I can't solve your problem, but I can say that sometimes I go for hours without any updates despite new posts being made. It's no biggie, I can just log onto the site and check. Nobody gets hurt and the world doesn't end. Chill and see how the problem develops or wait till someone who understands V bulletin works. :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Patience young padowen. I can't solve your problem, but I can say that sometimes I go for hours without any updates despite new posts being made. It's no biggie, I can just log onto the site and check. Nobody gets hurt and the world doesn't end. Chill and see how the problem develops or wait till someone who understands V bulletin works. :thup:

I would receive alerts almost immediately before both on my phone & laptop so can't understand the problem, especially as its an email address I have used before!

I'll chill but it would have been nice for the post to be acknowledged by a mod to state it will be looked at or give it 24hrs etc.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe they're at work. I don't think GM has got round to making them fulltime yet... Maye your subscriptions to the threads lapsed when you changed your E Mail settings. Have you checked your notification settings to ensure that they haven't reverted to default settings.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll chill but it would have been nice for the post to be acknowledged by a mod to state it will be looked at or give it 24hrs etc.

Settle down.

Maybe they're at work. I don't think GM has got round to making them fulltime yet...

Or ever.

Maybe your subscriptions to the threads lapsed when you changed your E Mail settings. Have you checked your notification settings to ensure that they haven't reverted to default settings.

As above, have you checked your settings to make sure they are ok or that your subscribed threads are actually subscribed?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Maybe they're at work. I don't think GM has got round to making them fulltime yet... Maye your subscriptions to the threads lapsed when you changed your E Mail settings. Have you checked your notification settings to ensure that they haven't reverted to default settings.

Yes all checked and didn't get an alert for your reply so its not my end!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just changed it back to the previous email address and got an instant email authorisation so I'll stick.

For some reason it didn't like my sky.com address but I had used it before?